It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 511 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:47 pm 

Identity: Rubik
i haven't designed a card in 200 years

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:24 pm 

Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/his/his/himself
Bump in case this is actually coming back.

Up High, Down Low, Whoops, Too Slow.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 1:42 pm 
YMtC Pro Tour Champion

Hopefully I can do the remainder of this contest justice. We were getting very close to the end. Grades will be brief in the effort to get things moving again.

Edacade

SimicMimic

YingLung

Confused

CuriousHeartless

Rubik

POSValkir

Sorry for the, ahem, 2 year wait on this.

Ephemeron

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 1:42 pm 
YMtC Pro Tour Champion

CuriousHeartless is promoted to PRIME CREATOR!
Confused is promoted to WONDROUS REALIZER!
YingLung is promoted to GRAND INNOVATOR!
POSValkir is promoted to GRAND INNOVATOR!
Rubik is promoted to REVERED MAGELORD!
SimicMimic is promoted to IZZET ARCHITECT!

STANDINGS OVERALL

Unlocked Rankings

ROUND 29: Your robot makes short work of the other entries. As the last mechanical horror falls, Niv-Ersatz nods and commends the other contestants for their attempts, but speaks into your mind directly. *Allow this to re-pay you for the time you saved my life. Step through the portal and claim your reward.*

In the center of the battlefield, a shifting red portal opens with a crackle. The other Magelords in attendance all kneel as you make your way to the portal. A little wary, you step through. With a twist and a pop, you find yourself in a labratory on the other side of the city. It is at the top of a tower that looks out over all of Ravnica on all sides, huge windows letting in the setting sun. All of the devices you have created in the past have been brought here, along with all the materials and items you could ever hope for. Your rise through the ranks has been fraught with danger, sacrifice and pain, but when you look down on the denizens of the Guildpact from your very own Ivory Tower, you realize you are in a position now to really make a difference in Ravnica. With plans to change the face of Ravnica for the better, you get right to work. Everyone in the Izzet League is watching you and how much you impress them controls who is going to want to come and work under you or apprentice to you.

CRITERIA: Let's keep the criteria loose. Design a card by taking a phrase from the first column and combining it with a word from the 2nd column:

Doomsday|Ray
Mind Control|Potion
Diabolical|Monstrosity
Experimental|Gauntlet
Disintegration|Bomb
Nefarious|Kitten

If anyone new wants to join, I will start you off at Magelord Rank so you at least have a shot to be competitive. This means that people that are already in the contest and below Magelord, I will promote you to that level (assuming your card is to my liking). Also, since it is getting close to the end, the only way to unseat CuriousHeartless is to create a better card than him, unless he moves into the next eschelon.

Ephemeron

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 5:52 pm 

Jesus it’s really been two years? It feels like one.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:00 pm 

Doomsday Kitten -
Creature - Cat
When ~ enters the battlefield, create a colorless artifact token named "Doomsday Machine" with ", Sacrifice this artifact: Exile all non-land permanents."
At the beginning of your end step, choose an artifact you control at random. If it has an activated ability, activate one of its abilities without paying its cost.
Day 210 - I accidentally locked my cat in the lab again. Hopefully, Nibbles would keep his paws to himself.
1/1

Last edited by Confused on Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:47 pm 

Spoiler

Nefarious Kitten
Creature - Cat
When ~ enters the battlefield, search your library for a card, then put it into your hand.
2/4
One fifth floof, two post-scratcher

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:25 pm 

Identity: Rubik
Experimental Potion -
Artifact
, :t:, Sacrifice Experimental Potion: Exile cards from the top of your library until you exile an instant or sorcery spell that costs X or less. You may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom of your library in a random order.
"I really should have labelled these."

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:58 pm 

I wake up after what feels like an eternity, the what must've been next to no time feeling like years. I figure it's just some of the time travel shenanigan's side-effects. I shake my head, give myself a nice shock to get the mind going, and get to building.

Disintegration Gauntlet
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creatures has menace, vigilance and deathtouch.
, tap the equipped creature, exile ~: Each opponent randomly sacrifices half of the permanents they control.
Equip
"It's a fascinating marvel of design. The power it stores is almost enough to blow your mind."
-Theodore Hanos, Scholar of Infinity.

Last edited by CuriousHeartless on Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:41 pm 

Identity: Unqualified
Experimental Kitten
Creature - Beast
Unstable 1 (Whenever this creature would be targeted by a spell, sacrifice it. If you do, create a 1/1 green and blue Ooze creature token.)

1/1

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:10 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: he
Mind Control Ray
Sorcery
~ deals 4 damage to target creature. Gain control of that creature.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:55 am 

Preferred Pronoun Set: T3KK-TP
Experimental Potion | :2::g::u:
Sorcery

Exile a creature you control. Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a nonplaneswalker permanent card. Put that card onto the battlefield, then shuffle all other cards revealed this way into your library. If it isn't a creature, it becomes an X/X Mutant creature in addition to its other types where X is the exiled creature's power.

Last edited by Tekkahedron on Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:53 am 

Mind Control Kitten
Creature - Cat (U)
When this creature enters the battlefield, gain control of a target creature until for this creature leaves the battlefield.
But... he's so... CUTE !!
0/1

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:31 am 
YMtC Idol Winner

Doomsday Gauntlet
Artifact (M)
Indestructible
Equipped creature has indestructible.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, that player separates all nonland permanents into two piles. Choose one of them. Destroy all permanents in the chosen pile.
Equip

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:37 am 

I keep wanting to get more blatant with my reference in the flavor text but it's hard to fit all the names in there, especially soul.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:06 pm 
YMtC Pro Tour Champion

All graded. I just have to write up the next round.

Ephemeron

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:20 am 
YMtC Pro Tour Champion

I feel the need to point out that this is the Izzet League. I got a lot of great cards this round, but a number of them decidedly belong to one of the other Guilds of Ravnica. I partly blame myself since 'potion' doesn't lend itself to Izzet as well as it does Simic. I also learned if I give people the option of making a Kitten, they will take it.

Confused

preadetordetector

Rubik

CuriousHeartless

Malikot

aranthinius

Tekkahedron

UselessCommon

[Q is 564453

Ephemeron

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:47 am 
YMtC Pro Tour Champion

CuriousHeartless is promoted to CELEBRATED VISIONARY!
Confused is promoted to PRIME CREATOR!
Rubik is promoted to GRAND INNOVATOR!
preadetordetector is promoted to PIPE LUBER!
Malikot is promoted to PIPE LUBER!
aranthinius is promoted to PIPE LUBER!
UselessCommon is promoted to PIPE LUBER!
Q is 564453 is promoted to PIPE LUBER!

STANDINGS OVERALL

Unlocked Rankings

ROUND 30:

IF YOUR RANK IS PIPE LUBER (or lower): The darkness was as thick and hot as the steam. You have spent weeks down in the basements of the Izzet Labratory, smearing grease, adjusting pipes, getting burnt and earning your keep. The Izzet Janitor, Mown, has even taken to giving you food and water, scuffing your hair and mumbling "That'll do luber. That'll do." It was during your second week of this special kind of hell that you discovered something wonderful. Deep in the bowels of the laboratory, you were reaming on a wrench when you heard a muffled yell. Curious, you stalked towards the sound carefully, stepping over the body of the occasional pipe luber you have stumbled across in the dark. You hear it again, louder this time. It almost sounded like...cheering? Bolder now, you see light up ahead and the chatter and cheering of other people gets louder. Peeking around a corner you see something amazing. A large room piled with junk of all kinds. Cathodes, wires, levers, sheet metal, hydraulics of all shapes and sizes. Lights have been set up all over a clearing in the middle of the junk where three makeshift robots that are battling to the death while your fellow lubers are cheering them on, shaking their fists and betting on the outcome. It turns out Robot Fight Club has been an ongoing tradition for years in the other labs, and as long as the pipes are working, no one ever comes looking. The rules for Robot Fight Club are as follows:

1st Rule: Your Robot can't cost more than four mana.
2nd Rule: Your Robot must have a combined total base power and toughness of 8 (divide it up as you see fit).
3rd Rule: Your Robot must be common.

Criteria: Make an artifact creature for Robot Fight Club from the spare parts in the abandoned junk yard.

IF YOUR RANK IS GRAND INNOVATOR or higher: You are in command of a fully staffed, budgeted and outfitted laboratory in the heart of Ravnica. You have heard rumors that the pipe lubers and steam wranglers have continued the tradition of Robot Fight Club, so you need to get experimenting so they have some debris to work with. You have the capacity to build ANYTHING. All the gold, mizzium, lab rats, slaves, guinea pigs and magelords you want are ready to make your dreams happen. it's time to make a mark on Ravnica that everyone will notice.

CRITERIA: Make a Mythic Izzet Signet, Keyrune or Guildmage. Only one person is up for advancement from this point on. Keep in mind that playing it safe doesn't get you to the next rank.

Ephemeron

Last edited by Dudibus on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:30 pm 

Identity: Male
Rare Version

Common version
Spare Parts
Artifact Creature-Construct (C)
When Spare Parts enters the battlefield, sacrifice it unless you sacrifice another artifact you control.
4/4

Last edited by purplebackpack89 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:10 pm 
YMtC Pro Tour Champion

Hey purple, welcome to the Izzet League! Your card has to be common.

Ephemeron

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 511 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next