PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:30 am 

Aqueous Ooze
Creature — Ooze (C)
~ can't be blocked.
Whenever ~ attacks, scry 1.
1/1

Bottom Feeder
Creature — Ooze (U)
Whenever a card would be put on the bottom of your library, you may pay . If you do, exile it and place a +1/+1 counter on ~.
2/2

Solvent Sludge
Creature — Ooze (R)
~ enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it, where X is the number of instant and sorcery cards in all graveyards.
, : Counter target spell unless unless its controller pays for each +1/+1 counter on ~.
0/0

Last edited by Shadesmoke on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Like this post

Post subject: Re: Blue Oozes
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:29 am 

Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/his/his/himself
Welcome to NGA, Shadowsmoke !

Your cards are pretty nice ! Bottom Feeder is underpowered though. Could be a 3/3 AND have activation cost of just .

Also, the "[cаrd]" function is for "real" card names only. For example, Runeclaw Bear. For your creations, you should probably either use "[Ь]" for bold text, or maybe "[ngаcard]" for cards you plan to subit to the site's card database.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:42 am 

Thanks! Reformatted the cards.

Bottom Feeder is probably over costed but I don't really have any good intuition in that space or how it would interact with other cards.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:16 pm 

Welcome to the forums!

I think Aqeous Ooze is a fine common, but doesn't really feel like an Ooze. Oozes have a tendency to either grow, corrode, or split/copy/make tokens. I'm not feeling "ooze" from this at all, but I could see it slide on that if needed :P .

Bottom Feeder is neat. At first I thought that ability wouldn't come up much, but with more and more Oath of Nissa effects entering the game, and with a lot of those effects having been recently in green, this is a nice way to connect blue to green for oozes. I agree that the trigger cost could go down to , since otherwise there's a lot of mana investment in it, but I would keep it starting at 2/2 as well. Once you're putting cards to the bottom of your library, you tend to put a lot of them at once, so this can jump up in p/t rather than the more common progressive growth.

I like the first ability of Solvent Sludge, but I think you can do better than an Ooze that counterspells. Repeatable counterspell is really a jerk thing. I think you could bring down the mana cost on this (like, down to CMC 5), make it only count instants, have flash, and make the last ability a one-time sacrifice ability that checked power rather than counters.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:43 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/his/his/himself
How to make a cool card uncool:
Yarium wrote:
I like the first ability of Solvent Sludge, but I think you can do better than an Ooze that counterspells. Repeatable counterspell is really a jerk thing. I think you could bring down the mana cost on this (like, down to CMC 5), make it only count instants, have flash, and make the last ability a one-time sacrifice ability that checked power rather than counters.

(no offence to yarium, yarium is awesome)

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:19 pm 

Identity: Male
It would be fair and thematically fitting if Solvent Sludge got smaller after counterspelling things.

Solphos: Solphos | Fool's Gold | Planeswalker's Guide | The Guiding Light | The Weight of a Soul
Game design: Pokémon Tales | Fleets of Ossia: War Machines | Hunter Killer | Red Jackie's Run

Like this post