It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:11 pm 
YMtC Pro Tour Champion

Dudibus Rankings

Normally I would post full comments for each card, time just ran out on me. Ask, and ye shall receive.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:14 pm 

I shall ask from both you and Mown if possible. Very curious now, as I have a pretty wide range between one of the three judges.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:16 pm 

Yep, I ended up about where I expected from the range of scores. My card was somewhat uninspired, rough, and more than a little rushed. One of these days the Round 1 criteria will be something I'm good at and I'll get to start off on the right foot instead of playing several rounds of catch-up.

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in an thread with GM_Champion" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against AzureShade when card design is on the line!"

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:22 pm 

Test User (1)
Spoiler

I'd love to hear your comment plz Dudibus

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:56 pm 

I too would appreciate comments from each of the judges.

YingLung wrote:
Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:11 pm 

Oh wow, universally second to last place. Thought it was a little better than that, but better luck next time I suppose. :sweat:

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:13 pm 

RTKfan wrote:
Oh wow, universally second to last place. Thought it was a little better than that, but better luck next time I suppose. :sweat:
It's cool. These sort of things run on a series of rounds. You can suck it up one round and make up for it in others. That's basically been my strategy always.

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in an thread with GM_Champion" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against AzureShade when card design is on the line!"

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:03 pm 
YMtC Champ '15

Can I have comments, Dudibus?

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:28 pm 
YMtC Idol Winner

Round 1 Rankings and Standings

Round 2 will be up later tonight.

Q's Links
Pro Tour YMTC 5 Archive

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:01 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: he/they
Summer of Libe!

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:33 pm 

Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/his/his/himself
Spoiler

Comments would be greatly appreciated, particularly from Dudibus; just wondering what helped my placement in your list compared to Mown's or Razor's.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:34 am 

Identity: Male
I'll just go ahead and ask everybody for commentary. That includes Razorborne. Come up with something new to say Razorborne!

TPmanW wrote:
So we have to do something that takes the place of Sunburst in Fith Dawn using the same design space?

Work area

My Submission:
It seems to me that everybody's looking at this from the demand side of the equation- how can I make playing multicolor pay off? Well, since all the good ideas are already taken But being the genius that I am, I decided to flip the equation. We're on the opposite side of the equal sign now boys. I'm providing the supply. People can have their cool multicolor cards and splash an extra color, not because I've got a new thing to splash, but because I'm making it possible. And the best way to give people the colors they need in an artifact set? Why the best artifact creatures of all time of course- the Myr.
Magic's best mana dorks are going tribal.

Reflective Myr
Artifact Creature -Myr (U)
Myr you control have ": Add one mana of any color a Myr you control could produce".
1/2

This would be followed up with traditional lords, a colorless Myr (we got one later, but never in Mirrodin I) and some colored cost activated abilities. Fill the set out with a few good multicolor cards, make entwine costs go off color if you can and a few tempting splashables, and voila. 5th Dawn mk II.
Tl;DR Myr are the best, and now they fix your mana in addition to producing it.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:41 am 

Solar Flare (You may pay :w::u::b::r::g: rather than this card's mana cost to cast it) This could also be named "Sunburst" in the alternate universe where the Sunburst we got didn't exist. It can be used as a cost reduction, or...)

Zenith of Insight
:u:
Sorcery
Solar Flare
Scry 1, then draw a card. If Zenith of Insight's Solar Flare cost was paid, instead Scry 3, then draw three cards.

I would also appreciate comments from the judges who have freshly judged.

The Coalition/Phyrexian War Game Rises Again

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:43 am 

I'm still trying to understand how shaz's mechanic pushes players to play 5 colors.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:42 am 

I'm still trying to understand how shaz's mechanic pushes players to play 5 colors.

Think of it this way: it triggers the most often when white is the minority color of spells in your deck. If the mechanic only appears on colored cards, then the deck that triggers the mechanic on each card the most would be rainbow will some artifact support.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7