It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:35 am 
Offline
Desperately Wants A Custom Title
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 4729
Identity: Man
GROMA - Plane of Deception

"Not everything is as it seems."

Image

A plane that’s set about different tribes and their interactions. The plane is completely devoid of white mana until one day, a secret utopian society is discovered sealed away for its protection.
Now that everyone wants part of that utopian lifestyle, the plane transforms into a dystopia instead.

Mechanics:
Quote:
Uncover — Any tribe, any color
Draw a card and reveal it. If it is [type], [effect].

"Exile Things" — Utopian Congregate
Self-explanatory.

Animate — Fusion Tribe
As long as this permanent has a +1/+1 counter on it, it is a 0/0 creature in addition to its other types.

Delve — Dire Tribe
You may exile any number of cards in your graveyard as you cast this spell. It costs less to cast for each card exiled this way.

"Alternate Costs" — High Tribe of Wishes
Self-explanatory.

Morph — Tribe of Shadows
You may cast this face down as a 2/2 creature for . Turn it face up any time for its morph cost.


The Set: 256/256


88's and 99's

_________________
quotes wrote:
squinty_eyes: Alt, you have fantastic logic. And zero political prowess.
CKY: Through a convoluted series of events involving three tons of garden gnomes and a pickup truck, Henderson’s Magikarp defeats the Deoxys terrorizing the city.

My Cube | My Designs | My Blog | My Art
Creator of Max and Mill! Current strip: 1.3.1
Silver Soraka Main


Last edited by altimis on Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:58 pm, edited 22 times in total.

Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:36 am 
Offline
Desperately Wants A Custom Title
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 4729
Identity: Man
Updates Log

===xxx===


05.08.14:
Thread started.
Added initial cards.

06.08.14:
Formated the set list so that you can access the card posts by clicking on the rarity headers.

07.08.14
Added a cycle of rare lands.
Transformed the uncommon lands into common artifacts
**I moved a rare artifact into a common artifact slot, and a common land into a rare land slot.
Added a new cycle of uncommon lands
Reprinting City of Brass (I just love the flavor too much)

14.08.14
Added a "cycle" of common lands.
Added a cycle of rare creatures.
Filled in rare artifacts
Added a mirrored pair of myhtic rare equipments
Added a mythic white enchantment
Added minimum 12 commons (one per tribe, per color ignoring white)
Added some uncommons
Reprinted some cards.
Updated Tribal Lore *some*

Added Cards 14.08.14:

_________________
quotes wrote:
squinty_eyes: Alt, you have fantastic logic. And zero political prowess.
CKY: Through a convoluted series of events involving three tons of garden gnomes and a pickup truck, Henderson’s Magikarp defeats the Deoxys terrorizing the city.

My Cube | My Designs | My Blog | My Art
Creator of Max and Mill! Current strip: 1.3.1
Silver Soraka Main


Last edited by altimis on Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:01 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:36 am 
Offline
Desperately Wants A Custom Title
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 4729
Identity: Man
Tribal Lore


Utopia Tigirn: **
Leader: Mizi Sombradaal

Lore:


Fusion Tribe: **
Leader: Isheaiu, the Dismantler

Lore:


Dire Tribe: **
Leader: Ozo

Lore:


High Tribe of Wishes: **
Leader: High Priest Orn

Lore:


Tribe of Shadows: **
Leader: ??? (He is known 'Of Many Names')

Lore:

_________________
quotes wrote:
squinty_eyes: Alt, you have fantastic logic. And zero political prowess.
CKY: Through a convoluted series of events involving three tons of garden gnomes and a pickup truck, Henderson’s Magikarp defeats the Deoxys terrorizing the city.

My Cube | My Designs | My Blog | My Art
Creator of Max and Mill! Current strip: 1.3.1
Silver Soraka Main


Last edited by altimis on Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:38 am 
Offline
Desperately Wants A Custom Title
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 4729
Identity: Man
The Lost Tribes

(Also known as: The Forgotten Tribes; or The Ancient Tribes)


NAME **
Lore:


NAME **
Lore:


NAME **
Lore:


NAME **
Lore:


NAME **
Lore:

_________________
quotes wrote:
squinty_eyes: Alt, you have fantastic logic. And zero political prowess.
CKY: Through a convoluted series of events involving three tons of garden gnomes and a pickup truck, Henderson’s Magikarp defeats the Deoxys terrorizing the city.

My Cube | My Designs | My Blog | My Art
Creator of Max and Mill! Current strip: 1.3.1
Silver Soraka Main


Last edited by altimis on Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:10 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 21, 2014
Posts: 8226
Location: Singapore
Identity: Male
Shouldn't this be in the main forum?

You have a really interesting set structure. I wonder how this will play in Limited, with the white faction being totally separate while the other factions vie for the remaining colors. Will you be encouraged to run heavy monocolor, or are decks more likely to bleed in and out of white?

I like the symbols but they seem a little disunited. The Guise and Breath Arumes are relatively detailed while the Blank Arume is just a circle. I was expecting to see more guild-symbol-like identifying logos.

_________________
Image
The format of YMtC and the Expanded Multiverse.
YMtC: My Deck of Many Things | NGA Masters | 2 | 3 | Roses of Paliano | Duel Decks: War of the Wheel | Jakkard: Wild Cards | From Maral's Vault | Taramir: The Dark Tide
Solphos: Solphos | Fool's Gold | Planeswalker's Guide | The Guiding Light | The Weight of a Soul
Game design: Pokémon Tales | Fleets of Ossia: War Machines | Hunter Killer | Red Jackie's Run


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:35 pm 
Offline
Desperately Wants A Custom Title
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 4729
Identity: Man
I didn't even think of that, I figured once I got enough momentum I was going to post it here. I guess the main forum actually works more appropriately. Brain fart.

I'm curious to see how it plays as well, it's similar but different from Torment, given that they are all represented equally, just differently.

For the symbols, it's a start, and it represents what they value. Dire tribe will more likely turn into a ring (a hollow circle :p ) and they are supposed to be fairly archaic in design, though that's also attributable to my lackadaisical artistic talents.
For the quality, they will get better, I just threw them all together in about twenty minutes.

_________________
quotes wrote:
squinty_eyes: Alt, you have fantastic logic. And zero political prowess.
CKY: Through a convoluted series of events involving three tons of garden gnomes and a pickup truck, Henderson’s Magikarp defeats the Deoxys terrorizing the city.

My Cube | My Designs | My Blog | My Art
Creator of Max and Mill! Current strip: 1.3.1
Silver Soraka Main


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:06 pm 
Offline
Former Staff
User avatar

Joined: Apr 04, 2014
Posts: 154
Identity: Male
It has been brought to our attention that this thread could be better served in the overall "You Make the Card" forum, and has been/will be moved accordingly.

Given this is a personal set, it feels appropriate, even if you are eager to share it with everyone.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:40 pm 
Offline
YMtC Champ '11
YMtC Pro Tour Champion
YMtC Idol Winner
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 9025
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/my/mine/himself
All custom sets belong/fit in Community Sets, regardless of the number of creators. It was posted in the right place.
I don't have anything constructive to say.

_________________
In the custody of febb since 12.05.16
[Warchief] Custom EDH Project

you're like the kind of person who would cast Necropotence irl


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:12 pm 
Offline
Desperately Wants A Custom Title
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 4729
Identity: Man
Mown, you get the glare for now.

Seeing as it is still largely empty (not that I've filled it in any yet), I asked that it be moved to here.
Once I have more to work with, or as they see fit, I wouldn't mind having it re/un/moved/again.

I don't mind either way, but I also don't want to be going back and forth between places, and I post here more. So I was slightly biased in my persuasion. :teach:

_________________
quotes wrote:
squinty_eyes: Alt, you have fantastic logic. And zero political prowess.
CKY: Through a convoluted series of events involving three tons of garden gnomes and a pickup truck, Henderson’s Magikarp defeats the Deoxys terrorizing the city.

My Cube | My Designs | My Blog | My Art
Creator of Max and Mill! Current strip: 1.3.1
Silver Soraka Main


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:54 pm 
Offline
Desperately Wants A Custom Title
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 4729
Identity: Man
WHITE CARDS

In alphabetical order


Commons: 02/20


Uncommons: 01/10


Rares: 02/8


Mythic: 02/XX

_________________
quotes wrote:
squinty_eyes: Alt, you have fantastic logic. And zero political prowess.
CKY: Through a convoluted series of events involving three tons of garden gnomes and a pickup truck, Henderson’s Magikarp defeats the Deoxys terrorizing the city.

My Cube | My Designs | My Blog | My Art
Creator of Max and Mill! Current strip: 1.3.1
Silver Soraka Main


Last edited by altimis on Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:55 pm 
Offline
Desperately Wants A Custom Title
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 4729
Identity: Man
BLUE CARDS

In alphabetical order



Commons: 04/15


Uncommons: 01/8


Rares: 01/6


Mythics: 00/XX

_________________
quotes wrote:
squinty_eyes: Alt, you have fantastic logic. And zero political prowess.
CKY: Through a convoluted series of events involving three tons of garden gnomes and a pickup truck, Henderson’s Magikarp defeats the Deoxys terrorizing the city.

My Cube | My Designs | My Blog | My Art
Creator of Max and Mill! Current strip: 1.3.1
Silver Soraka Main


Last edited by altimis on Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:56 pm 
Offline
Desperately Wants A Custom Title
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 4729
Identity: Man
BLACK CARDS

In alphabetical order



Commons: 07/15


Uncommons: 02/8


Rares: 01/6


Mythics: 01/XX

_________________
quotes wrote:
squinty_eyes: Alt, you have fantastic logic. And zero political prowess.
CKY: Through a convoluted series of events involving three tons of garden gnomes and a pickup truck, Henderson’s Magikarp defeats the Deoxys terrorizing the city.

My Cube | My Designs | My Blog | My Art
Creator of Max and Mill! Current strip: 1.3.1
Silver Soraka Main


Last edited by altimis on Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:57 pm 
Offline
Desperately Wants A Custom Title
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 4729
Identity: Man
RED CARDS

In alphabetical order



Commons: 04/15


Uncommons: 01/8


Rares: 01/6


Mythics 00/XX:

_________________
quotes wrote:
squinty_eyes: Alt, you have fantastic logic. And zero political prowess.
CKY: Through a convoluted series of events involving three tons of garden gnomes and a pickup truck, Henderson’s Magikarp defeats the Deoxys terrorizing the city.

My Cube | My Designs | My Blog | My Art
Creator of Max and Mill! Current strip: 1.3.1
Silver Soraka Main


Last edited by altimis on Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:58 pm 
Offline
Desperately Wants A Custom Title
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 4729
Identity: Man
GREEN CARDS

In alphabetical order



Commons: 05/15


Uncommons: 02/8


Rares: 01/6


Mythics: 00/XX

_________________
quotes wrote:
squinty_eyes: Alt, you have fantastic logic. And zero political prowess.
CKY: Through a convoluted series of events involving three tons of garden gnomes and a pickup truck, Henderson’s Magikarp defeats the Deoxys terrorizing the city.

My Cube | My Designs | My Blog | My Art
Creator of Max and Mill! Current strip: 1.3.1
Silver Soraka Main


Last edited by altimis on Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:59 pm 
Offline
Desperately Wants A Custom Title
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 4729
Identity: Man
MULTICOLOR CARDS

In alphabetical order



Commons: 05/20


Uncommons: 04/10


Rares: 08/08


Mythics 04/XX:

_________________
quotes wrote:
squinty_eyes: Alt, you have fantastic logic. And zero political prowess.
CKY: Through a convoluted series of events involving three tons of garden gnomes and a pickup truck, Henderson’s Magikarp defeats the Deoxys terrorizing the city.

My Cube | My Designs | My Blog | My Art
Creator of Max and Mill! Current strip: 1.3.1
Silver Soraka Main


Last edited by altimis on Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:49 am, edited 6 times in total.

Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:00 pm 
Offline
Desperately Wants A Custom Title
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 4729
Identity: Man
OTHER CARDS

Colorless, Lands, 88s and 99s

In alphabetical order per group



Colorless: 16/16


Lands: 35/35


88's 00/XX:


99's 01/XX:

_________________
quotes wrote:
squinty_eyes: Alt, you have fantastic logic. And zero political prowess.
CKY: Through a convoluted series of events involving three tons of garden gnomes and a pickup truck, Henderson’s Magikarp defeats the Deoxys terrorizing the city.

My Cube | My Designs | My Blog | My Art
Creator of Max and Mill! Current strip: 1.3.1
Silver Soraka Main


Last edited by altimis on Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:32 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 21, 2014
Posts: 8226
Location: Singapore
Identity: Male
Noonguard is no longer common by NWO.

Illume Shadows and Last Breath: intentional?

Osmosize feels way too expensive. Compare Fate Transfer, which was stronger because Shadowmoor was full of -1/-1 counters.

Otherwise, pretty cool. Alternate costs, oh boy... NGA Constructed is going to be even more broken than it previously was.

_________________
Image
The format of YMtC and the Expanded Multiverse.
YMtC: My Deck of Many Things | NGA Masters | 2 | 3 | Roses of Paliano | Duel Decks: War of the Wheel | Jakkard: Wild Cards | From Maral's Vault | Taramir: The Dark Tide
Solphos: Solphos | Fool's Gold | Planeswalker's Guide | The Guiding Light | The Weight of a Soul
Game design: Pokémon Tales | Fleets of Ossia: War Machines | Hunter Killer | Red Jackie's Run


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:50 am 
Offline
Desperately Wants A Custom Title
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 4729
Identity: Man
For noonguard, I know. I disagree, but I know.
I wanted Last Breath, but I wanted it nerfed slightly given the high prominence of morph (2/2's). Plus, it might even go up to 2w or 1ww, so making my own card gives me some variability.

I'm tossed on Osmosize, but i do agree with you; I didn't know about Fate transfer.
I was comparing it to Bioshift, which I though cost five for some reason... I'm going to change it to GG.

_________________
quotes wrote:
squinty_eyes: Alt, you have fantastic logic. And zero political prowess.
CKY: Through a convoluted series of events involving three tons of garden gnomes and a pickup truck, Henderson’s Magikarp defeats the Deoxys terrorizing the city.

My Cube | My Designs | My Blog | My Art
Creator of Max and Mill! Current strip: 1.3.1
Silver Soraka Main


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:34 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 12, 2014
Posts: 160
Shouldn't Uncover be 'reveal the top card of your library. If it's a ..' instead of draw and reveal?


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:51 am 
Offline
Desperately Wants A Custom Title
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 4729
Identity: Man
It could, but then it works differently than I intended.
For example:

Draw a card and reveal it. If it's a sorcery you may cast it.
Draw two cards.

versus

Reveal the top card of your library. If it's a sorcery you may cast it.
Draw three cards.

They appear to be similar in function, and in most cases they are, but things get awkward when your spell mills things, or draws you things etc... you don't always draw the card I intend for you to draw that way.

_________________
quotes wrote:
squinty_eyes: Alt, you have fantastic logic. And zero political prowess.
CKY: Through a convoluted series of events involving three tons of garden gnomes and a pickup truck, Henderson’s Magikarp defeats the Deoxys terrorizing the city.

My Cube | My Designs | My Blog | My Art
Creator of Max and Mill! Current strip: 1.3.1
Silver Soraka Main


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group