It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:17 pm 

Looks like the WizardsMagic Tumblr Team is doing a thing(tm)!

Quote:
Magic: The Gathering Flash Fan Fiction

Did you enjoy the flash fiction we shared yesterday? Feel inspired? Well, the Social Team has something fun we want to try out to encourage creativity in our talented community. We’ve been working on this for a while and now we’re finally ready to ask you to give it a try!

We will be sharing a writing prompt with you very soon that will hopefully inspire some Magic flash fan fiction. Here’s a chance to show off your creativity! Show us what you’ve got!

We might even reblog a story or two that catch our eye.

We’ll check out what you’ve created by next Friday, so if you’d like the Social Team to see your flash fiction, tag your post with #MTG Flash Fan Fic (that will make it easy for us to find). Remember, flash fiction means short (1,000 words or less), we want to see novel ideas rather than novel length stories. Also, be sure to follow the guidelines laid out in our fan content policy.

Have fun everyone! We can’t wait to see what you create.

#mtg #magic the gathering #MTG Flash Fan Fic #friday fan fiction #flash fiction #we wanna read your stories

Depending on how good these are, I may start storing them here every week.

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in an thread with GM_Champion" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against AzureShade when card design is on the line!"

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:48 pm 
YMtC Champ '11
YMtC Pro Tour Champion
YMtC Idol Winner

Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/my/mine/himself
just remember to not make any bad fanfics, as it might reflect poorly on the brand or its fans, so wizards could have to send their lawyers after you

you're like the kind of person who would cast Necropotence irl

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:18 pm 

Mown wrote:
just remember to not make any bad fanfics, as it might reflect poorly on the brand or its fans, so wizards could have to send their lawyers after you
Unless you are a member of the Creative team and get paid to write bad fanfics, then it's okay.

*cough*JaceXVraska*cough*

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:45 pm 

MTG Flash Fiction Prompt for 02/09/18

Quote:
MTG Flash Fan Fiction Prompt

The prompt for our MTG Flash Fan Fic is *drum roll*…

Protrean Raider!

We want to see your take on what’s going on in this enigmatic card. What is the backstory? What is the context? What is it like to be a shapeshifter pirate?

Don’t forget to tag your post with #MTG Flash Fan Fic so we’re able to find it.

#mtg#magic the gathering#MTG Flash Fan Fic#flash fiction#writing prompt#Protrean Raider

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in an thread with GM_Champion" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against AzureShade when card design is on the line!"

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:05 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/his/his/himself
Quote:
MTG Flash Fiction

I found a typo ! Surely you meant S instead of F.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:17 pm 

Quote:
MTG Flash Fiction

I found a typo ! Surely you meant S instead of F.
"Jace, Cumming Castaway meets Vraska, Tentacle Captain. What happens next will shock you." :coffee:

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:01 pm 

Identity: Chaoslight
Preferred Pronoun Set: She
Whoooa there.

People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:06 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: he/they
guh barf

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:14 pm 

Sorry. I'll behave now. :paranoid:

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:41 pm 

I think my last post about these got eaten? Here's trying again.

The first batch of Magic Flash Fiction is up!

“Whatever You Need”

"Of Faces Past"

"I am not Devin Driscoll"

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:09 pm 

MTG Flash Fiction Prompt for 02/16/18

Quote:

Thank you to everyone who participated in our very first Flash Fan Fiction fun times. It was great getting to read all your stories and see your creativity shine. In fact it was so much fun, let’s try it again!

The prompt for our next MTG Flash Fan Fic is *drum roll*…

Profane Procession!

We want to see your take on what’s going on in this enigmatic card. What is this ritual? What is the context? Shine light on the answers, or keep it shrouded in mystery…

Don’t forget to tag your post with #MTG Flash Fan Fic so we’re able to find it, and be sure to follow the guidelines laid out in our fan content policy if you want us to potentially reblog it next Friday. And remember, flash fiction means short (1,000 words or less).

#MTG Flash Fan Fic#mtg#magic the gathering#writing prompt#profane procession

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:41 pm 

Flash Fan Fiction batch for Profane Procession:

"Royal Blood"

"Sunset and Rose"

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:09 pm 

Magic Flash Fiction Prompt for 02/23/18

Quote:

Thank you to everyone who participated in this week’s Flash Fan Fiction fun times. It was great getting to read all your stories and see your creativity shine. I hope you are enjoying writing them as much as I am enjoying reading them.

Rekindling Phoenix!

We want to see your take on what’s going on in this beautiful card. What is the context? Where did the Phoenix come from? What inspires you about this legendary creature?

Don’t forget to tag your post with #MTG Flash Fan Fic so we’re able to find it, and be sure to follow the guidelines laid out in our fan content policy if you would like us to potentially reblog it next Friday. And remember, flash fiction means short (1,000 words or less).

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:54 am 

I was out for a long weekend, but here are the submissions for the Rekindling Phoenix Flash Fiction!

"No Title"

"Empty Nesters"

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:56 am 

Magic Flash Fiction Prompt for 03/02/18

Quote:

Thank you to everyone who participated in this week’s Flash Fan Fiction fun times. It was great getting to read all your stories and see your creativity shine. I hope you are enjoying writing them as much as I am enjoying reading them.

Totally Lost!

We want to see your take on what’s going on in this cute card. What is the context? What happened to Fblthp? How did he get totally lost? Why does he hate crowds?

Don’t forget to tag your post with #MTG Flash Fan Fic so we’re able to find it, and be sure to follow the guidelines laid out in our fan content policy if you would like us to potentially reblog it next Friday. And remember, flash fiction means short (1,000 words or less).

#MTG Flash Fan Fic #mtg #magic the gathering #totally lost #fblthp #writing prompt

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:48 am 

... May we always be found.

The Coalition/Phyrexian War Game Rises Again

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:50 pm 

Submissions for Totally Lost:

"Emmara Tandris has Dirty Feet"

"Lost then Found"

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:47 pm 

MTG Flash Fiction Prompt for 03/12/18

Quote:

Thank you to everyone who participated in last week’s Flash Fan Fiction fun times. It was great getting to read all your stories and see your creativity shine. And my apologies for the prompt being delayed due to a mix up - but better late than never!

Master of the Wild Hunt!

We want to see your take on what’s going on in this epic card. What is the context? What might be the Master’s background? Where can I get a cool antler helmet?

Don’t forget to tag your post with #MTG Flash Fan Fic so we’re able to find it, and be sure to follow the guidelines laid out in our fan content policy if you would like us to potentially reblog it this Friday. And remember, flash fiction means short (1,000 words or less).

#MTG Flash Fan Fic #mtg #magic the gathering #writing prompt #master of the wildhunt

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:17 am 

Submissions for Master of the Wild Hunt:

"No Game"

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:19 pm 

Quote:
wolkemesser asked:
Super excited for the Dominaria story! I was curious: will the MTG Flash Fan Fic prompts be a re-occuring activity during the breaks in between the main storyline arcs? Really appreciate everything you do for the Magic community :)

wizardsmagic said:
The Flash Fiction prompts will be taking a short break over the next few weeks, but expect them again after we’re done showing off how rad Dominaria is!

Like this post