It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7458 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 359, 360, 361, 362, 363, 364, 365 ... 373  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:05 am 

I can't seem to find good ones, except maybe

Nu, ye rum hoe!

Who's Nu, and why is she so passionate about liquor?

I could make a joke, but I'm absolutely certain nobody would get it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:34 pm 

How was everyone's week?
Anything interesting transpire?

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:41 pm 

Barinellos wrote:
How was everyone's week?

Not bad. I had a friend visit for a day or two, so that was cool.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:38 pm 

My wife started Swedish classes last week, so now I'm a stay at home dad three days a week. I've been home with the kids before, but usually together with the wife, so this is different. Good, though.

We are getting used to this life we are building for ourselves. We've even started inviting people over for dinner! Had a couple over tonight who have a son around the same age as our girls. It is nice to have people over, as it gives us both a chance to try new things in the kitchen (the wife made lemon sorbet from scratch!) And the motivation to actually clean the house, which doesn't happen often when you have two toddlers.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:01 am 

Identity: Human
Barinellos wrote:
How was everyone's week?

I've been sick this week. :sick:

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:43 am 

Identity: Male
I cleaned my house. Books collect a lot of dust.
I'll be moving soon. The new place looks like some Silicon valley millionaire's pad. Just with less furniture.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:53 pm 

Soooooo,...
1) I'm not hurt.
2) I'm not going to be going to work for a little.
and
3) There's a chance I'll be needing a new car.

TL;DR
Hailstorm swiss cheesed the office's roof and a deluge did the rest.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:04 pm 

Well that sounds super fun.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:54 am 

Wow. Glad you're okay. Hope this won't set you back too much financially.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:21 am 

@Luna and Barinellos: Sorry to hear about your misfortunes! I hope things get better soon.

I may as well add to the pool of unpleasantness while we're at it. I have an abscessed tooth which has become infected. I've been in quite a bit of pain over the past few days, and they won't be able to do the crown until Monday. We're hoping the antibiotic will stop the pain, but it hasn't yet. Granted, it's been less than a day since I went in, so we'll see what today brings.

Regardless, it turns out it's difficult to concentrate on work when you are in constant pain.

Poor, poor Denner...

:)

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:33 pm 

Ouch. As a man who has never been seriously injured, a tooth ache is the worst pain I have experienced. So I really hope it will get better soon.

As for my own bad news, I found out today that it is highly unlikely that we'll get our kids into a preschool anytime soon. Which is frustrating, but it also means I get to spend more time with them. So it's really not a tragedy.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:04 am 

Starting school a little later will mean they're more developed than their peers at the same grade level and should result in better report cards and hopefully a confidence boost.

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:50 am 

Happy birthday, Aaarrrgh! I hope you have a great one!

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:46 pm 

Happy birthday Aaarrrgh!, and I hope you have an even better one!

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:07 pm 

Happy birthday, Aaarrrgh! I hope the world treats you well, and you have the cake of your choice! :party:

Yowzers, sorry to hear about everyone else's runs of bad luck recently. :( I hope that you all feel better soon, and I'm glad you weren't hurt, Barin!

As for me, I'm not dead (yay!), and I apologize for being so easily distractable these days. I would love to say that I have a good reason for it, such as being called away to save the galaxy in some The Last Starfighter type scenario, but I confess that the reality is painfully mundane: I just haven't written anything in ages. :( And, dumb as it may sound, I always get anxious about showing my green, tusky face around these parts without a story to show for myself. It makes me feel very much like that guy who shows up at the party without BYOB-ing his own B, who then proceeds to help himself liberally to everyone else's hooch. It's not rational, I know, but then I'm not always that rational, either, and, well, I guess there it is.

But I'm determined to get over my own stupids, however prodigiously stupid they may be, and to make myself known a bit more, even if it's just to remind you all how excellently excellent you all are, and that I love ya. And I like to believe that, sooner or later, the words will get moving again, if only to ward off bedsores. :)

So, again, just remember how excellently excellent you all are, and that I love ya. <3

(Also, I'm going to cosplay Barrin in April, which is *terrifying*. :takei: But the less said about that, the better...)

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:11 pm 

As for me, I'm not dead (yay!), and I apologize for being so easily distractable these days. I would love to say that I have a good reason for it, such as being called away to save the galaxy in some The Last Starfighter type scenario, but I confess that the reality is painfully mundane: I just haven't written anything in ages. :( And, dumb as it may sound, I always get anxious about showing my green, tusky face around these parts without a story to show for myself. It makes me feel very much like that guy who shows up at the party without BYOB-ing his own B, who then proceeds to help himself liberally to everyone else's hooch. It's not rational, I know, but then I'm not always that rational, either, and, well, I guess there it is.

psh, it's an open bar.
The only B we care about is the one in your name when you show up.

Quote:
But I'm determined to get over my own stupids, however prodigiously stupid they may be, and to make myself known a bit more, even if it's just to remind you all how excellently excellent you all are, and that I love ya. And I like to believe that, sooner or later, the words will get moving again, if only to ward off bedsores. :)

So, again, just remember how excellently excellent you all are, and that I love ya. <3

I'll be completely honest, if not for the catastrophe, I might have sent you a letter this week just yelling for you to show back up.
... or get your butt to Mars. Dunno, depends on how I felt like pulling that joke.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:32 am 

Birthday was good, didn't do a big celebration. My parents came over, and my wife baked a carrot cake (it really good, even though she's basically never baked anything before in her life).

My parents gave me and the wife tickets to the local production of Sound of Music (including them babysitting our kids the day off the show). So yeah, good birthday.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:06 am 
YMtC Champ '14
YMTC Pro Tour Champion

Preferred Pronoun Set: they
\I always get anxious about showing my green, tusky face around these parts without a story to show for myself. It makes me feel very much like that guy who shows up at the party without BYOB-ing his own B, who then proceeds to help himself liberally to everyone else's hooch. It's not rational, I know, but then I'm not always that rational, either, and, well, I guess there it is.

I haven't posted any new material in like a year but I keep popping up anyway. don't worry, you're always welcome.

:duel:

Pro Tour: YMTC: SECOND ONE IS OVER STAY TUNED FOR THIRD ONE
The BLOCK I'm currently pretending I'll finish: Fleets Of Ossia (complete!) | Wavebreak (complete!) | The Second Flood (in progress!)
Razorborne and friends teach music theory to chumps like you: 12tone

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:41 am 

Identity: Human
Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Sorry I'm not more active, but things keep happening. I've still been coughing up all the phlegm that built up in my lungs last week when I was sick.

I do have some good news, though. I'm going out to Las Vegas for a week starting tomorrow. It's my neices' spring break, and partly by plan and partly by happenstance, my brother and sister-in-law also have the whole week off, so we're going to be busy doing all sorts of stuff. I also learned that we'll probably be going out to LA for a day or two, so at the moment I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be close enough while I'm down there to meet up with Tevish and/or razorborne.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:02 pm 

(Also, I'm going to cosplay Barrin in April, which is *terrifying*. :takei: But the less said about that, the better...)

There is literally never a time I don't want you around here, buddy! And the same goes for every other M:EMber we have, and for everyone who's not a M:EMber but likes to read our stuff, and for everyone who's interested in becoming a M:EMber but just hasn't quite been able to hit that "Submit" button on that story that's better than they think it is.

Seriously, whenever I sign on to NGA, which is an admittedly psychotic amount, I always have this little rush of excitement whenever I see that orange "New Post" icon next to the M:EM, and a little pang of disappointment when I don't.

In short, I love you guys!

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7458 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 359, 360, 361, 362, 363, 364, 365 ... 373  Next