It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7561 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 358, 359, 360, 361, 362, 363, 364 ... 379  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:59 pm 

Identity: Human
:hand:

I'll be honest, though, I absolutely know that I wouldn't be able to make time for a novel. I can barely make time for reading as it is. I'd be all over a web serial, though. Just point me in the right direction when you get it started up.

Quoth the Raven, for truth.
Know your roots.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:39 pm 

I'm around. I've largely been working on non-M:EM related writing projects, hence a good deal of the radio silence over here. Been good, though, and while I don't want to divert my attention until I get through this, I do have some M:EM thoughts in the pipeline.

On the subject of outside-M:EM writing, would anyone be interested in functioning as a test audience? Either for the novel I'm working on now or the major project my wife and I have been working on (intending to put forward as a web serial; we tried once before but ran up against "we really need to 100% finish before we start posting)? I feel like I can trust anyone here to give me honest opinions.

I would be willing to, but like Luna said, time is not something I have a ton of lately. For instance, I won't get anything more than a week off until July.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:35 pm 

Identity: Inertially male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him
I'd like to help, Tevish, though you may have to wait a bit for feedback on a novel :D

To anybody reading this, including my future selves: have a good life!

My creative archive

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:00 pm 

I'm fine waiting -- the novel is still in the last chapters and I'd like to have it "in the can" before showing it off, even with the caveat that this is a first draft for impressions. The serial is less finished, but we feel that can be shown in "Acts" rather than as one start-to-finish production, even for gathering first impressions. I'm not 10% sure when I'll be dropping you PMs, but I will. Thank you!

The Coalition/Phyrexian War Game Rises Again

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:15 am 

I'm not 10% sure when I'll be dropping you PMs, but I will. Thank you!

Is this like a "Loading... Please wait..." scenario? Can you tell us when you're like 50% sure?

(I'm tired. This sounded funny in my head but I apologize in advance for any slight I may cause. I don't mean to offend.)

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:11 am 

I'm glad that people are okay, even if things are a bit too meaty in the meatspace.
My own predicament isn't quite in the same, though my work schedule has been loopy as of late.
Most of my energy hasn't been going to writing, but rather playing video games.... which on the surface sounds a bit like 'oh, you poor thing' as vitriol oozes down the wall.

But the circumstances around that are a little squiffy (I... I honestly can't believe 'squiffy' had an autocomplete)
My games backlog has kinda hit critical mass recently. Games I've already shelled out my hard earned shekels for, and some have been sitting around for nearly a year, so I'm trying to burn through them to justify my investment. Looking at it from monetary terms, I think that shifts perspective slightly.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:53 am 

Barinellos wrote:
But the circumstances around that are a little squiffy (I... I honestly can't believe 'squiffy' had an autocomplete)

What ho, squiffy!

Bally Jerry pranged his kite right in the how's-your-father, Sally-blighter, Dickie-birdied, took a waspy, feathered back on his Sammy, flipped over on his Bettie Harper's and caught his can in the Bertie.

(I had to take the opportunity)

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:50 pm 

Barinellos wrote:
s'been seriously slow around here lately.
How's everyone doing?

I've had better years. Latest drama: I'm single-parenting this week due to the sudden death of an in-law. The sane and apparently healthy one, whom we'd been hoping we could spend some quality time with.

Then again, it looks like the company I work for might start operating in the black this year. I also discovered a forgotten story idea among a stack of old notes, that sounds like it could be fun to flesh out.

On the subject of outside-M:EM writing, would anyone be interested in functioning as a test audience? Either for the novel I'm working on now or the major project my wife and I have been working on (intending to put forward as a web serial; we tried once before but ran up against "we really need to 100% finish before we start posting)? I feel like I can trust anyone here to give me honest opinions.

I'd love to, if my grammar nitpickery hasn't put you off too badly. I'm also related to a literature critic and a professional editor, though no guarantees on their interest levels.

Barinellos wrote:
My games backlog has kinda hit critical mass recently. Games I've already shelled out my hard earned shekels for, and some have been sitting around for nearly a year, so I'm trying to burn through them to justify my investment. Looking at it from monetary terms, I think that shifts perspective slightly.

I should never have subscribed to the Humble Bundle RSS feed. Yes, they're all tempting from a value saved perspective, but I can't seem to keep a decent gaming rig up and running. Attempting Epistory with an Alphagrip was certainly interesting, though.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:34 pm 

I just used this site to anagram my name and got a lot of good results. I had to share the best one, of course:

Emailed Liqueur, Son.

Quoth the Raven, for truth.
Know your roots.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:42 pm 

I just used this site to anagram my name and got a lot of good results. I had to share the best one, of course:

Emailed Liqueur, Son.

What kind of a delusional requiem are you talking now?

:)

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:08 am 

Identity: Male
A Atheist Whom somewhat hit a...

Oh, I need to answer the survey to see if there are more! I just saw a n add and my mind automatically blanked it out.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:29 am 

Good gods, I'm never eating broccoli again

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:53 am 

Emailed Liqueur, Son.

"Net Brain" is perhaps too close for comfort. "Inner Bat" sounds fun, too.

I tend to use Peter Klausler's program to generate anagrams, partly so I can control the word list.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:32 am 

Overt Beach Flank
Beach Tavern Folk
Blacken the Favor
Cobalt Ankh Fever
Breathe van Flock
Beaver Chalk Font
Covert Khan Fable
Verbal Knot Chafe
Above French Talk
Cloven Bath Freak
Cleave Both Frank
Fecal Knave Broth

Okay, I need to stop now.

Barinellos wrote:

I neither need nor want details regarding this, but I whole-heartedly support the sentiment.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:37 pm 
YMtC Champ '14
YMTC Pro Tour Champion

Preferred Pronoun Set: they
Razor Borne

:duel:

Pro Tour: YMTC: SECOND ONE IS OVER STAY TUNED FOR THIRD ONE
The BLOCK I'm currently pretending I'll finish: Fleets Of Ossia (complete!) | Wavebreak (complete!) | The Second Flood (in progress!)
Razorborne and friends teach music theory to chumps like you: 12tone

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:49 pm 

razorborne wrote:
Razor Borne

Fair, but I'm a fan of Bronze Roar.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:49 pm 

Identity: Male
Bronze Roar's pretty metal, but Fecal Knave Broth is still my favourite.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:39 pm 

TPmanW wrote:

Mine is a tie between Covert Khan Fable, as if Raven tells a story that is secretly about one of the Khans of Tarkir, and Above French Talk, as if he refuses to talk about France or the French language.

Barinellos wrote:

I neither need nor want details regarding this, but I whole-heartedly support the sentiment.

I, on the other hand, am immensely curious. Did someone slap you with a head of broccoli? Did you work a broccoli field all day? Did they force you to eat it with ranch dressing?

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:28 pm 

TPmanW wrote:

Mine is a tie between Covert Khan Fable, as if Raven tells a story that is secretly about one of the Khans of Tarkir, and Above French Talk, as if he refuses to talk about France or the French language.

For Covert Khan Fable, it's more likely that it's about Major ret-Kahn...

And, seeing as how I've written more Thorneau stories than anyone, clearly, I am not Above French Talk...

:D

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:08 am 

Identity: Inertially male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him
I can't seem to find good ones, except maybe

Nu, ye rum hoe!

Who's Nu, and why is she so passionate about liquor?

To anybody reading this, including my future selves: have a good life!

My creative archive

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7561 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 358, 359, 360, 361, 362, 363, 364 ... 379  Next