It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 785 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:51 am 

Sure, I'll send you some notes.

My Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/Carliro

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:07 pm 

Identity: Inertially male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him
A grapeshot of ideas:

-An individual, or a whole population (big and united or small and scattered) is basically unable to think and remember anything that's not about what they're currently experiencing. As soon as they lose sight of someone thinking about them becomes hard, and as soon as they lose the trail of thought it's lost for good; cluttering reminders isn't enough to find stability, since if one gets lost mid-task they might undertake another, completely unrelated. Add a generous amount of magical power. What would be such a life like? How different personalities would react to this kind of difficulties in order to achieve an acceptable life? What would such a condition do to one's (or a culture's) view of life?
-Suppose such character(s) developed artifice and mind magic enough to build magical accessories that allowed one to keep in mind a certain number of things, but not everything a common human can and one can only wear one of this at the same time.
1) Now imagine the mental anchors allowing the character to develop independently different parts of their personality, fragmenting them when they become too complex to be held by a single anchor, to the point where some begin to object to the behavior, or even the very existence, of the others...
2) If an entire population has this condition, wealth might correspond to the ability to have more mental anchors and being able to develop more aspects of oneself, compartimentalizating the personality of the upper classes. How would this transform that society? What kind of intrigue might be built around the anchors?

To anybody reading this, including my future selves: have a good life!

My creative archive

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:30 pm 

I really wish there was something we could do to expand on the concepts of the mycosynth.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:08 pm 

Barinellos wrote:
I really wish there was something we could do to expand on the concepts of the mycosynth.

Well, our M:EM High School seems to exist in some kind of crazy, Magic, 1980s world, so...maybe some of the students can start a mycoSynth band?

:D

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:10 am 

Barinellos wrote:

Well, our M:EM High School seems to exist in some kind of crazy, Magic, 1980s world, so...maybe some of the students can start a mycoSynth band?

:D

nah, it'd inevitably give way to metal. Too much infighting after that.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 785 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40