It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 891 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 45  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:52 pm 

That said, I have no clue whether your effect would last longer or not.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:40 am 

I think a Dusky lynch might work.
As for PK - he seemed into the game before, but, just bandwagoned with little to no effort/thought. Either scum getting lazy, or town that was turned to scum, or something like that, seems likely to me.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:24 am 

@neo:Why dusky?

@skystoneç for now quite a bit, not really seing a reason to vote dusky or pak for example.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:46 am 

NeoSilk wrote:
I think a Dusky lynch might work.
As for PK - he seemed into the game before, but, just bandwagoned with little to no effort/thought. Either scum getting lazy, or town that was turned to scum, or something like that, seems likely to me.

PK has stated that he lost interest due to the strange effects that happened during this game day. I do not consider that explanation to be hard to believe, so lack of involvement doesn't say much about alignment right now.

And I would also like to hear your reasoning behind Dusky.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:38 am 

Neo, why? Unless you have a strong reason to believe I'm mafia, my role can still be helpful in confirming or checking players who haven't given us much information (like Zinger or Skystone).

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:04 am 

Also, mafia will most likely hit Aaarrrgh or me anyway.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:22 am 

I was mostly process of elimination. Although, after thinking a bit more about it, I would rather have a Zinger lynch than no lynch, especially with the fact that he's really not been here. So sure, as I think the deadline is getting somewhat closer...

Unvote
Vote: Zinger

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:43 am 

Well, Neo is pretty much confirmed town too, so there are a lot of potential targets for the night kill.

My only cause for suspicion in the Dusky direction was the meta knowledge that role cops are traditionally scum. But as we've already established, meta rules do not necessary apply in this game. So Zinger sill preferred.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:43 am 

*is still preferred.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:16 pm 

Requesting permission to hammer zinger tomorrow.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:06 pm 

There are no hammers this game, lynches are based on votecount at deadline.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:22 pm 

I am in support of either a Zinger or HW lynch this day, mostly based on the fact they are the least confirmed in any way. Zinger might be more telling in case HW again wouldn't flip, plus he's been quite for a while now.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:43 pm 

HW should flip. I know this because I presently have his ability. There is no clause that prevents a revelation of alignment.

I bring this up now because HW's ability requires him to successfully bandwagon vote in order to receive an effect. This is obviously troubling, as his role motivates behavior that, in of itself, is kind of explicitly not pro-town.

I don't yet want to reveal his abilities outright, because his role could be potentially be useful if he is not scum, but based on his "permission to hammer" comment and the fact that he hasn't been forthcoming about his actual ability (though the role name is correct), I am a bit suspicious.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:55 pm 

Uh, interesting, actually I was trying to bluff having a role that is actually useful to see if I could attract a nightkill.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:31 pm 

Awaiting some clarifications about what my role does from the mod.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:38 pm 

And by permission to hammer, I meant that I was inclined to vote zinger, but not yet sure, so I wanted to ask everybody to not vote him yet to not end the day early, since me voting him hould be beneficial for town.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:02 pm 

Skystone, can you say whether your copy ability is limited or is your standard ability? If I remember correctly, you already said you had another ability last day but couldn't use it. Was that also copied? If so, you are basically also an ability tracker... Did you track someone I didn't?

Regarding HW, how harmfull is the ability if he is NOT town?

And since the no-flip is not HW's ability and the artefact ability is not Skystone's, that still leaves a lot of question marks...

HW, why did you hope to attract a night kill? You just said your ability would be beneficial for town. :/

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:58 am 

Duskyblue wrote:
Skystone, can you say whether your copy ability is limited or is your standard ability? If I remember correctly, you already said you had another ability last day but couldn't use it. Was that also copied?

I've effectively already answered both of these questions. To wit:
1) I have a limited duration copy ability that costs a vote to activate. I assume by 'standard' that you mean 'default', in which case it's not either/or, but rather both.
2) I said that the effect I couldn't use was the copied ability I received from copying a player.

Quote:
If so, you are basically also an ability tracker... Did you track someone I didn't?

In the same way that I become an Olympic 100m sprinter every time I go jogging, sure. I do know Hello World's role, but I've already all but announced that with maximum fanfare. I've also clearly indicated that I have only used my ability once.

...I'm honestly a little concerned about these loaded questions. None of this information is new. I am not a tracker in any real sense, and I can't just willy-nilly grab people's roles. It almost sounds like you're (awkwardly) trying to position yourself after Aaarrrgh's remark that role cops are frequently scum.

Quote:
Regarding HW, how harmful is the ability if he is NOT town?

Potentially fairly harmful. Enough so that I find his claim about drawing a night-kill to be kind of suspect.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:54 am 

Eh, sky can confirm that my role is mostly useless at this point of the game.
Also sky? Did you get 2? Do you have them?

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:31 am 

Requesting a time extension due to only being playing during this day for 3-4 RL days.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 891 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 45  Next