It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 891 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 45  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:50 am 

If anybody town aligned is behind zinger appearance, I think now might be the time to claim it.

Reading skystone posts, I'm not the biggest fan of how he switched from freddeh to me d1, then kinda defended me without switching vote, then never voted freddeh after that. Can you explain it skystone?

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:54 am 

Skystone wrote:
I've effectively already answered both of these questions. To wit:
1) I have a limited duration copy ability that costs a vote to activate. I assume by 'standard' that you mean 'default', in which case it's not either/or, but rather both.
2) I said that the effect I couldn't use was the copied ability I received from copying a player.

Quote:
If so, you are basically also an ability tracker... Did you track someone I didn't?

In the same way that I become an Olympic 100m sprinter every time I go jogging, sure. I do know Hello World's role, but I've already all but announced that with maximum fanfare. I've also clearly indicated that I have only used my ability once.

...I'm honestly a little concerned about these loaded questions. None of this information is new. I am not a tracker in any real sense, and I can't just willy-nilly grab people's roles. It almost sounds like you're (awkwardly) trying to position yourself after Aaarrrgh's remark that role cops are frequently scum.

I thought you said you copied someone day 2 with Rag's doubling effect on you and that you couldn't end up using the ability. That use of past tense indicated to me you could not use it day 2 / the duration of possible usage is over, but you are saying now the effect lingered and you can't use it now (D3) because you have no vote?
Still think you clearly implied (with the 'wasn't ultimately able' and again in your last past) the window of usage was over... so saying there was something you could not use previously / D2, and now can't do anything D3, which is why I thought that means two copied effects.
Perhaps I still don't understand what you are saying and you need to break it down into a time line.

That was hardly maximum fanfare! You weren't even being as pretentious as usual!

Are you now? And I am concerned by your concern, your failed Olympic career and that fact that you think HW has a potentially fairly harmful ability that he can use in like 3 hours and you didn't tell us sooner.

Also, I am clearly a better role-cop than you, so if anything that would make me position myself as more likely scum than you in regards to Aaarrrgh's remark. But we know I am never mafia. It's the law of the universe. :p

I am in support of HW's request for day extension.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:12 am 

Identity: Numerical
If you really want a day extension i can push it to late monday due to not closing over the weekend where people are less active. But you'll need more support than just two players. I will soft extend to give people some time to weigh in on that.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:32 pm 

I'm fine with an extension if people want - as normal, I will likely not be around over the weekend.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:35 pm 

I think an extension is fine. Nobody really posts on the weekend much anyway.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:38 pm 

I don't really care one way or another, so go ahead and extend.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:34 pm 

Deadline will be Monday then. Exact time TBD.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:15 am 

Eh, sky can confirm that my role is mostly useless at this point of the game.

I cannot confirm this. Your ability offers you, for example, the possibility of repeated night kills as soon as tonight. That is not useless. It would also sway the game substantially if you prove to be mafia.

Now, I didn't expect you to divulge everything, but your immediate (re-)bandwagon combined with your feigned impotence and the nefarious nature of your night kill ability is something that I do find suspect -- and you're not doing much to allay the fears that I have.

Reading skystone posts, I'm not the biggest fan of how he switched from freddeh to me d1, then kinda defended me without switching vote, then never voted freddeh after that. Can you explain it skystone?

My argument Day 1 was (roughly) that we ought to lynch an obvious bandwagoner. I noted that you and Fred were the obvious candidates for such a lynch; I concluded that your bandwagon event was more egregious (due to you being somewhat active); and I suggested that I would vote for whichever of the two or you was most likely to be lynched, as the other prospects (for example, PK) did not strike me as suspicious.

I stand by this argument.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:23 am 

Duskyblue wrote:
I thought you said you copied someone day 2 with Rag's doubling effect on you and that you couldn't end up using the ability. That use of past tense indicated to me you could not use it day 2 / the duration of possible usage is over, but you are saying now the effect lingered and you can't use it now (D3) because you have no vote?

I copied HW successfully. The duration of the copy I made was extended by Rag's doubling (quadrupling?) effect. I was unable to use HW's specific role ability while charged by Rag's effect due to the associated costs (HW's role also requires a vote payment to initialize, and I had obviously used mine). Because I have no vote today, I cannot bandwagon, so I also can't trigger HW's ability today. In other words, I am effectively vanilla until tomorrow.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:00 pm 

Identity: Spider-Man
Preferred Pronoun Set: Wtf is a "Jabber address"?
Holy page-fest batman.

I walk away for two minutes and you add 20+ pages to the game. jeez. I can't read all of that!

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:03 pm 

Identity: Spider-Man
Preferred Pronoun Set: Wtf is a "Jabber address"?
Okay maybe it was only 14 pages but STILL.

I'm running a kickstarter I don't got time for this ****! :P

Can someone give me the play-by-play?

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:15 pm 

Skystone wrote:
Eh, sky can confirm that my role is mostly useless at this point of the game.

I cannot confirm this. Your ability offers you, for example, the possibility of repeated night kills as soon as tonight. That is not useless. It would also sway the game substantially if you prove to be mafia.

Now, I didn't expect you to divulge everything, but your immediate (re-)bandwagon combined with your feigned impotence and the nefarious nature of your night kill ability is something that I do find suspect -- and you're not doing much to allay the fears that I have.

This is obviously concerning.

@Skystone regarding ability. Alright, I get it. And you have no other ability? I am asking because it seems a bit... weak... compared to others. Plus still trying to piece together the missing pieces, and it seems like your ability doesn't fit any of those.

@Zinger: KoD killed almost everyone, including himself, and then something (maybe Fred) brought almost everyone back. And you are currently on the chopping block. ;)

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:16 pm 

Zinger2099 wrote:
Can someone give me the play-by-play?

1) Aaarrrgh resurrected KoD as a Nightmare token.
2) KoD killed everyone except Neo and Fred.
3) Fred (we presume) exiled himself to resurrect all dead players except Rag.
4) All active players made at least soft claims regarding their roles.
5) You are about to be lynched on the premise that you are inactive.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:05 am 

I disagree with points 3 and 5 in Sky's summary.

The reason I voiced suspicion against Zinger was that Fred was scum and had a card which could easily be the cause of Zinger's late entry into the game. Also, it was not the inactivity as such, but rather the fact that everyone else claimed, and we are still missing explanations for some seemingly anti-town abilities.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:14 am 

So, just in case I die and there are multiple nightkills directed at obvious town-aligned players tonight, sky is lying mafia, lying about how he copied my role.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:21 am 

I misread my ability, it appears that it is not as incredibly delayed as I expected, which would also explain why sky was so much suspicious of me.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:21 am 

And sky is not lying mafia

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:55 am 

Deadline in roughly 13 hours.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:54 am 

@HW - can you explain a bit more?

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:07 am 

Ugh.

I feel HW is a threat, but... there was a consistent night kill each night, and, given his absence, I doubt it was Fred. So that would mean it must have been someone else who was alive back then, which excludes HW.

Maybe Fred really only sent in kills and did nothing else, but I find it more likely it was somebody else. So considering that, I will place my vote on Zinger for now. Unless he claims and can convince me otherwise.

Vote: Zinger

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 891 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 45  Next