It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:39 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 1265
Location: Sumrall, MS USA
The sorting options have existed since the old 1995 Microprose game. MTG Tactics had an awesome deckbuiling menu.

_________________
The Best defense is one where the attacker breaks himself upon it, allowing you to counterattack them into oblivion.

If You get an aggro player to stop attacking, you've got the match won.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:47 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Nov 03, 2013
Posts: 200
Shadowcran wrote:
The sorting options have existed since the old 1995 Microprose game. MTG Tactics had an awesome deck building menu.

Most of the options are also already in sealed deck building.

_________________
"“Life is a combination of magic and pasta” ~Federico Fellini" ~ Message on a plate at Bella Itali when ordering pizza. How true!

Grei wrote:
Orc_Welfin wrote:
I've removed content from this thread.

Nice to know removing content is a company wide policy.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:59 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 11702
Location: Secret Lair
DOTP needs to implement a mode where you can put cards on the field, and every card works exactly the way it is supposed to. People would pay for such a thing.

While I am suggesting revolutionary concepts, how about a way to unlock cards that doesn't require a day's grind for each deck? Or a way to add new cards to decks later on, without them being promo codes?

_________________
"Let strength be granted so the world might be mended. So the world might be mended."


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:07 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 4477
mjack33 wrote:
DOTP needs to implement a mode where you can put cards on the field, and every card works exactly the way it is supposed to. People would pay for such a thing.

While I am suggesting revolutionary concepts, how about a way to unlock cards that doesn't require a day's grind for each deck? Or a way to add new cards to decks later on, without them being promo codes?


They have a way to unlock cards without grinding...it's $.99

Now, actually getting the promo codes to work...that would be a nice change

_________________
PbP Characters


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:11 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 03, 2013
Posts: 346
The Deck Manager should have the deck stats that Sealed mode has. Mana curve and mana heaviness being displayed for your decks would be a huge help.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:34 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2013
Posts: 3860
Location: 1,824.5 meters underground.
Preferred Pronoun Set: Mr.
Arqwart wrote:
The Deck Manager should have the deck stats that Sealed mode has. Mana curve and mana heaviness being displayed for your decks would be a huge help.


It's already there at the bottom, you just need to bring graph paper and a #2 pencil.

_________________
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

New Arena Content Now! Streaming coming soon!
https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster
My band Shakey Deal YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBpPU1fbAjSPTfu3g0vubLw
Shakey Deal Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDeal.Neil.Young.tribute/
Shakey Deal Audio Page
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDealAudio1/


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:55 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Nov 03, 2013
Posts: 2590
Your mana curve is represented in the normal Deck Manager. But not the color balance.

And you can kick people out of your lobby already. Not sure why that needs to be here. The only options Host needs that it doesn't already have is, maybe, a "random only" lobby. Quit calling it "forced random" that makes it sound bad. People don't like to be forced into anything. And IF they add random only, it needs to be displayed in the lobby info when I'm searching for a custom game so that people who do or don't want random only can join or avoid those lobbys instead of having to go into each one and then back out when it's not the one you want.

Auto blocker is an idea I don't like. They just need to add a seperate Block Timer instead of an all encompasing Attack Phase Timer which can be abused by the attacker taking their sweet little time only leaving me about 15-30 seconds to declare blockers.

11. should be "Make the Deck Manager sorting the same as what the player has selected for their Hand Sorting option." I don't know if I worded that correctly, but there is an option to change the sorting of cards in your hand, in game. That sorting option should be used for both Hand and Deck Manager.

5. doesn't matter. It's just a casual game. Everyone thinks their in the WGCS now a days. Trust me, your ranking in a video game is useless unless you are in one of the Championship Gaming Series leagues throughout the world, and if you are, you're not playing DotP in it.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:01 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 844
Is there an option where I can disable the AI taking over an opponent who leaves? I'm used to playing paper and mtgo where when you are losing, you just scoop and move on. I don't have that need for closure, where I'm not satisfied until my opponent is at zero or less. If he leaves, I won, that's fine by me, no need to force me to go through two more turns. Just let me play the next game.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:06 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Nov 03, 2013
Posts: 2590
Filobel wrote:
Is there an option where I can disable the AI taking over an opponent who leaves? I'm used to playing paper and mtgo where when you are losing, you just scoop and move on. I don't have that need for closure, where I'm not satisfied until my opponent is at zero or less. If he leaves, I won, that's fine by me, no need to force me to go through two more turns. Just let me play the next game.


Oh yeah, I forget about that one. We used to have that option. I think that they removed it because people were teaming up with friends and just quiting out of games after the first draw so they could turbo unlock cards. I think Hasbro wasn't that happy about that and wanted to sell $.99 deck keys instead so they simply removed the feature that allowed people to do that. Even though it was one of the best features we had.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:20 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2013
Posts: 3860
Location: 1,824.5 meters underground.
Preferred Pronoun Set: Mr.
sixty4half wrote:
Filobel wrote:
Is there an option where I can disable the AI taking over an opponent who leaves? I'm used to playing paper and mtgo where when you are losing, you just scoop and move on. I don't have that need for closure, where I'm not satisfied until my opponent is at zero or less. If he leaves, I won, that's fine by me, no need to force me to go through two more turns. Just let me play the next game.


Oh yeah, I forget about that one. We used to have that option. I think that they removed it because people were teaming up with friends and just quiting out of games after the first draw so they could turbo unlock cards. I think Hasbro wasn't that happy about that and wanted to sell $.99 deck keys instead so they simply removed the feature that allowed people to do that. Even though it was one of the best features we had.


Sorry, It was me who made them do it.
I would put two tv's side by side on two playstations on two accounts and would unlock by conceding.
Sorry, I never meant my delusional reason to get in the way of anybodies gaming.

Kidding, of course, because would any mod on the other forum actually read about how I did that last year without removing the post and banning me for 24 hours?

_________________
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

New Arena Content Now! Streaming coming soon!
https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster
My band Shakey Deal YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBpPU1fbAjSPTfu3g0vubLw
Shakey Deal Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDeal.Neil.Young.tribute/
Shakey Deal Audio Page
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDealAudio1/


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:23 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Nov 03, 2013
Posts: 2590

Sorry, It was me who made them do it.
I would put two tv's side by side on two playstations on two accounts and would unlock by conceding.
Sorry, I never meant my delusional reason to get in the way of anybodies gaming.

Kidding, of course, because would any mod on the other forum actually read about how I did that last year without removing the post and banning me for 24 hours?


You know as well as I did that the ORCs didn't even bother looking at our posts until some butthurt n00b would report one because someone disagreed with them. We weren't worth their attention until our presence "disturbed the forum."

I guess that makes ORCs like Sith?


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:37 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 31, 2013
Posts: 1743
I wish they would stop scrapping game modes.

I'd love to see a dotp with planechase, archenemy, sealed and commander.
Whats that, you didnt like one of those modes? Then dont play it, play one of the other modes. When did more options become a bad thing, especially when excluding commander, the code already exists and works. As much as anything in dotp works anyway.

Especially the play as the archenemy campaign, that was the single best sp experience I've gotten from this series.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:03 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2013
Posts: 3860
Location: 1,824.5 meters underground.
Preferred Pronoun Set: Mr.
sixty4half wrote:

Sorry, It was me who made them do it.
I would put two tv's side by side on two playstations on two accounts and would unlock by conceding.
Sorry, I never meant my delusional reason to get in the way of anybodies gaming.

Kidding, of course, because would any mod on the other forum actually read about how I did that last year without removing the post and banning me for 24 hours?


You know as well as I did that the ORCs didn't even bother looking at our posts until some butthurt n00b would report one because someone disagreed with them. We weren't worth their attention until our presence "disturbed the forum."

I guess that makes ORCs like Sith?


Don't even tell me ORC's deserve art like this.

Spoiler

_________________
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

New Arena Content Now! Streaming coming soon!
https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster
My band Shakey Deal YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBpPU1fbAjSPTfu3g0vubLw
Shakey Deal Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDeal.Neil.Young.tribute/
Shakey Deal Audio Page
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDealAudio1/


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:36 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 1265
Location: Sumrall, MS USA
Ok added some more.

_________________
The Best defense is one where the attacker breaks himself upon it, allowing you to counterattack them into oblivion.

If You get an aggro player to stop attacking, you've got the match won.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group