It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:48 pm 

Identity: ItsreallyDJ0045
Preferred Pronoun Set: I'm male, lol!
Looks interesting... not sure about the single swamp. I'm taking this for a spin in a bit as currently posted and I'll let you know.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:53 pm 

the single swamp is for fetching with the wilds, cause nothing worse then having one vent and no way to awaken it

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:55 pm 

the single swamp is for fetching with the wilds, cause nothing worse then having one vent and no way to awaken it

lol, That was a stupid question... I should have finished building the deck first, it would have been obvious... sorry bout that. Almost ready to take it for a spin.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:57 pm 

Played few games vs someone running bab's offering on steam last week. Its pretty neat and takes some slogging to chew through. I'd guess it's pretty prone to flood/bad topdecks if Retreats get nixed though.

If you add a few more swamps you could include Drana's Emissary (even without allies this is a VERY relevant threat) and some Read The Bones. Not sure if the splash has to go deeper. Ob nixilis MIGHT be worth it to compromise the mana further. That's what I would try I think. Ditch a few 5cmc removal and wtflamog, work from there.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:59 pm 

So I went 2-2 with it, the second loss being ridiculous luck for the opponent, top decking act of treason with an empty hand and board and a fresh ulamog in play, while I had everything I needed to stop him in hand, but of course no mana - speaking of which, his last top deck was a rise effect bringing back my Emeria so that I HAD to play Ulamog to live... Happens.

I don't think I made any serious mistakes with the losses. Gobo is probably right, I think it needs draw. I also might want to see this deck at 24-26 land, but I'm not sure. The other loss was mana starvation.

The balance of removal felt right, although I have to say I never saw a single sweeper in... Any... Of... The... 4... Games... Wtf?!? Didn't need them though, so there's that to consider.

Deck is good. Needs a splash of blue or black to really sing.

P.s.: Felidar was definitely helpful in 2 of the 4 matchups, I didn't see or need it in the other 2.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:34 am 

Hi,

During the campaign I use honor of the pure and I love it.

Why can't we have it in our deck ?

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:40 am 

The same reason we can't have Felidar Sovereign or all the Allies from Gideons expansion deck. And that reason is *scene missing*.

Honestly though considering whites tamer power level in this edition Honour as a two-off wouldn't even be all that bad. Guess it's just one of those things.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:20 am 

This thread has been quiet for almost a month so it's time to show some love to the mono white :). So here is my list to white weenie deck. I have been using it for few days and actually manage to win at least 70% of the games including many rank 40 games against RDW and never lost single match in that match up. Of course this deck that dies to single languish or planar outburst but other than that this can actually win really fast. As we all know acid-moss is really popular and weenie is of course great answer to those decks. Great and fun deck for fast wins but i can't call it T1 deck.

Deck List:
1x Kytheon, Hero of Akros
3x Elite Vanguard
4x Cliffside Lookout
2x Relic Seeker
2x Knight of the White Orchid
3x Consul's Lieutenant
3x Kor Bladewhirl
4x Felidar Cub
4x Topan Freeblade
2x Throwing Knife
4x Grasp of the Hieromancer
1x Archangel of Tithes
2x Kytheon's Irregulars
1x Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
2x Hero of Goma Fada
16x Plains
3x Rogue's Passage
3x Sandstone Bridge

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:07 am 

Flayer wrote:
This thread has been quiet for almost a month so it's time to show some love to the mono white :). So here is my list to white weenie deck. I have been using it for few days and actually manage to win at least 70% of the games including many rank 40 games against RDW and never lost single match in that match up. Of course this deck that dies to single languish or planar outburst but other than that this can actually win really fast. As we all know acid-moss is really popular and weenie is of course great answer to those decks. Great and fun deck for fast wins but i can't call it T1 deck.

I have a couple of suggestions to help you beat sweepers:
Vryn wingmare can delay them by 1 turn
foundry of the consuls can be activated at the end of turn to dodge sorcery removal, is great in combination with throwing knife, and in general is so powerful that I'd play it in any mono-color deck.

Aside from that, I'm not a big fan of grasp of the hieromancer; the card is good if you have a lot of attackers and the opponent has only one good blocker, but in most situations I'd expect nimbus wings to be stronger- and it has the important side effect of getting some of your creatures out of range of radiant flames or even languish.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:35 am 

boh wrote:
Flayer wrote:

I have a couple of suggestions to help you beat sweepers:
Vryn wingmare can delay them by 1 turn
foundry of the consuls can be activated at the end of turn to dodge sorcery removal, is great in combination with throwing knife, and in general is so powerful that I'd play it in any mono-color deck.

Aside from that, I'm not a big fan of grasp of the hieromancer; the card is good if you have a lot of attackers and the opponent has only one good blocker, but in most situations I'd expect nimbus wings to be stronger- and it has the important side effect of getting some of your creatures out of range of radiant flames or even languish.

I thought Wingmare for long time. It's good card but for my experience it didn't work for some reason. Almost every time it was just 3 mana 2/1 which is just slower than 2 mana 2/2. Just rarely that ability helped me and that's why i decided to not use it. As for the Hieromancer it's of course choose between flying and tapping defender. Again in my experience Hieromancer has been the key to win in so many games that i feel like it's almost must have. Often u will have 2-3 creatures on the field and opponent casts one that will kill any of your creatures when u attack and those are the situations when tapping defender is so good to finish of the game. But surely flying also does the job and running Wingmare and nimbus wings gives u some flying which is of course for most decks hard to handle.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:51 am 

I'd drop 2x Relic Seeker, 2x Throwing Knife, 2x Hero of Goma Fada and 6 other cards that I'd deem slow. Add 4x Kytheon's Tactics, 4x Kor Castigator and 4x Suntail Hawk and go for mass board + pump finish to outrun midrange and ramp. With Kor Bladewhirl, Castigator becomes a 3/1 with first strike which isn't as worthless as a 3/1. Except when you face a lot of red, then it's still mediocre.

Last edited by Auunj on Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:52 am 

In general, I'd pick Nimbus Wings over Grasp. An alternative for getting past big creatures would be Reprisal or Gideon's Reproach.
Maybe you could split 4 Cliffside Lookout into 2 Cliffside Lookout and 2 Anointer of Champions. The latter is much better in the early stages of the game.

Not sure if Hero of Goma Fada is pulling his weight here. What are your experiences? As a finisher, Kytheon's Tactics might be better.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:35 am 

Good points. So far Goma Fada has been really good but it was one of the cards i just wanted to try out. It surely can be replaced with other stuff and Kytheon Tactics is card worth to try out.

Really don't want to drop Relic Seeker imo it's very good. 2 Mana 2/2 that easily grows to 3/3 and gives u one playable card for mode dmg. Castigator is of course one card that looks nice for 2 mana u get 3/1 but i was too scared to try it out because it's so easy to block or bolt.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:40 am 

with decks like this you just gotta accept that twin bolt is too good against you (now if people started playing boiling earth that when you get scared)

But when you get down to it relic seeker is kinda crap. I don't really want a bear that some times fetches a 4 mana shock, the suntail hawks are easily better and the castigators are marginally better

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:09 am 

The relic seeker is still better than the topan freeblade unless you really really want vigilance against other aggro decks; the cost of adding a single equipment (you don't really need the second) to your deck is not very high and a throwing knife on a knight of the white orchid or suntail hawk can be pretty good.
The freeblade is only really worth it if you are planning to enchant it with a call of the full moon or something like that, I think.

But I like the idea of giving first strike to the castigators, you could add the 3 mana lifelink allies to get a bit more triggers on that (assuming the 1-drop ally gets cut).

edit: also, if you are going for the Kytheon's tactics win, skyhunter skirmisher might be worth consideration; it's also pretty good with anointer of champions and throwing knife...

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:38 am 

Yeah Skirmisher need some boost to really do some dmg and is surely one card that to keep in mind.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:52 am 

Identity: Legendary Creature
Preferred Pronoun Set: Cat Beast
Flayer wrote:
I thought Wingmare for long time. It's good card but for my experience it didn't work for some reason. Almost every time it was just 3 mana 2/1 which is just slower than 2 mana 2/2. Just rarely that ability helped me and that's why i decided to not use it.

But how can you know that? Perhaps the horsie kept the sweepers where you didn't see them, i.e. in the opponent's hand ;)
But yea, with Vryn Wingmare you need to be careful, as it can make Radiant Flames a lot stronger too in some rare occasions!

In fact, this makes me want to try out the Wingmare in a converge deck with the flames and Brilliant Spectrum

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:09 am 

I'd remove the Relic Seekers and Throwing Knives for 4 Tandem Tactics.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:38 am 

Dropped seekerd and knifes and added some kytheon tactics and they have been good so far. I have had insane lucky drawing them just the right time. Also changed coda fama to kor castigators. Deck actually feels like it's very playable. Wingmare with just two copies feels too random.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:57 am 

I played a number of games with megabeast's deck from p.1 (reproduced below for your convenience).

Spoiler

I try to make decks fun and... well, have them win sometimes. Megabeast's uses a number of cards that aren't too common and I went 9-3 with it, so not bad on either side!

Still, I made a few changes to reflect BFZ cards and tweaks for my playing style. Here is:

White Enchantment - takoified megabeast

2 x Knight of the White Orchid
3 x Consul's Lieutenant
4 x Topan Freeblade
4 x Grasp of the Hieromancer
4 x Nimbus Wings
2 x Reprisal

3 x Blessed Spirits
1 x Auramancer

1 x Archangel of Tithes
2 x Kytheon's Irregulars
3 x Suppression Bonds
1 x Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
2 x Retreat to Emeria

2 x Hixus, Prison Warden
2 x Sigil of the Empty Throne

22 x Plains
2 x Rogue's Passage

Things I am considering:
-Removing the Rogue's Passages which I have found myself not really using. Maybe replace them with Foundry of the Consuls? Sandstone Bridges feel like they would slow down the deck.
-Removing the Auramancer. I haven't really needed it.
+Adding one more Retreat to Emeria. (Theoretical since I haven't unlocked any yet. Currently playing with Valor in Akros instead.)
+Adding Gideon's Reproaches.
+Adding Emeria Shepherd? Not because I think it will be really useful, but because it might be fun?
+Adding Planar Outbursts to sweep? Hixus, Prison Warden does a decent job...

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next