It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:17 pm 

Mossed Hell (over and over)

3xElvish Visionary
1xNissa, Vastwood Seer
3xSpell Shrivel
4xNatural Connection instead of Pilgrimage due to fact low forest count AND nice to hold up spell shrivel and if no counter cast this EOT
2xRadiant Flames
2xTouch of the Void
2xBrutal Expulsion almost always bouncing reclaimer and helps fuel exile area.
3xCoastal Discovery
2xBrilliant Spectrum
4xMwonvuli Acid-Moss

3xUlamog's Reclaimer This is reason we play several exile effects and combos with Brutal Expulsion. Also, reason we replay land D over and over again.

2xAngelic Edict
1xOblivion Sower
3xInto the Maw of Hell
1xUlamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

1xPlains
3xIsland
3xMountain
5xForest
2xLumbering Falls
2xCinder Glade
2xCanopy Vista
2xRootbound Crag
2xHinterland Harbor
2xSulfur Falls

This deck commonly makes people rage quit since the main goal is to Land D often and that is how we justify our low creature count plus helps with Spell Shrivel if they are already mana starved.

Would love help with a black version of this instead of white to maybe use morturary mires and Skaabs,. but i was unsuccessful

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:34 am 

Identity: 33
Preferred Pronoun Set: Tiago9br
Mossed Hell (over and over)

3xElvish Visionary
1xNissa, Vastwood Seer
3xSpell Shrivel
4xNatural Connection instead of Pilgrimage due to fact low forest count AND nice to hold up spell shrivel and if no counter cast this EOT
2xRadiant Flames
2xTouch of the Void
2xBrutal Expulsion almost always bouncing reclaimer and helps fuel exile area.
3xCoastal Discovery
2xBrilliant Spectrum
4xMwonvuli Acid-Moss

3xUlamog's Reclaimer This is reason we play several exile effects and combos with Brutal Expulsion. Also, reason we replay land D over and over again.

2xAngelic Edict
1xOblivion Sower
3xInto the Maw of Hell
1xUlamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

1xPlains
3xIsland
3xMountain
5xForest
2xLumbering Falls
2xCinder Glade
2xCanopy Vista
2xRootbound Crag
2xHinterland Harbor
2xSulfur Falls

This deck commonly makes people rage quit since the main goal is to Land D often and that is how we justify our low creature count plus helps with Spell Shrivel if they are already mana starved.

Would love help with a black version of this instead of white to maybe use morturary mires and Skaabs,. but i was unsuccessful

I played a few games with your deck, won four and lost one, I understand the concept, and really enjoyed it, but I think you should run From Beyond. Good work!

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:01 am 

Identity: ItsreallyDJ0045
Preferred Pronoun Set: I'm male, lol!
I think the better option here is to go with full tempo set up... Return card to hand, destroy the mana needed to replay it... Rinse and repeat. I'll post a build later after xmas fun.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:13 pm 

Identity: Male
Honestly, the black version is the list I posted with Radiant Flames added in. I could go the Natural Connection route if I made room for a few more basic lands, and I may try that build at some point in the future. The deck is really straining at the seams for inclusion spots though, I recently have tried it without Jace because he didn't seem to be necessary or even that synergistic (even without running Ulamog's Reclaimer yet, the deck has no problems regrowing instants and sorceries). Your list is missing the obvious inclusion of Greenwarden of Murasa which is fine if you haven't opened one yet. The death trigger doesn't work at the moment, but that just means you don't exile it upon death, and hope to get it back with a Gravedigger or whatnot.

Angelic Edict does not seem like an overwhelming reason to take white over black, so you could include Possessed Skaab easily enough.

In all fairness, my decklist has changed up a bit from what I posted, but the core remains.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:58 pm 

Edict exiles things and really the original reason I splashed white was for converge and i figured a couple edicts could work anyways since i wanted 4 colors for converge. I originally had the 1/4 ingester unblockable dude to ensure exile, but I wanted to change to more spells to do the same thing for Reclaimer..... Kind of silly we have to go through all this to return instant/sorcery when we used to have that one guy for 4 mana that did it with no strings attached. Skaabs are kind of a pain too since I always seem to want to go displacement wave route since they exile upon death.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:45 am 

I was joking about this a few days ago (in the Johnny thread), and then decided to try it out. I hate this deck, enjoy...

Tempo Hell

2 x Planar Outburst

4 x Clutch of Currents
1 x Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
4 x Disperse
3 x Anchor to the Aether
4 x Brilliant Spectrum

3 x Into the Maw of Hell

4 x Gatecreeper Vine
1 x Nissa, Vastwood Seer
2 x From Beyond
4 x Mwonvuli Acid-Moss

3 x Roil Spout

1 x Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

1 x Plains
1 x Island
1 x Mountain
3 x Forest
2 x Cinder Glade
1 x Canopy Vista
1 x Prairie Stream
2 x Rootbound Crag
2 x Hinterland Harbor
1 x Sulfur Falls
2 x Glacial Fortress
1 x Azorius Guildgate
1 x Boros Guildgate
1 x Izzet Guildgate
4 x Evolving Wilds

So this deck is totally wrong, and when it works, everyone will hate you. The concept is pretty simple: don't ever let your opponent get anything onto the board.

Some things to consider. When you put a creature on top of your opponent's deck they effectively lose a draw. When you also destroy their lands that lost draw can become a big deal.

I don't consider this to be a serious deck for competitive play, at this point. Not sure if it can be. I kind of hope not, tbh.

Last edited by DJ0045 on Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:27 am 

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:29 am 

Whoops, sorry bout that... Long night.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:34 am 

so why no radiant flames?

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:54 am 

so why no radiant flames?

Dunno, I didn't really put that much thought into this, but it makes sense, possibly instead of anchor to the Aether. I was thinking more about keeping the opponent in stasis, and it somewhat works as is. ETB cards could ruin that though, so I'll give it a shot - or maybe not, lol. Not sure I really want this deck to work.

Although: maybe radiant flames isn't that good in this deck, as it could hit my own lands. Not sure I want a sweeper in here that gets in the way of the game plan. Trying it out now, to see.

Also may as well add Gideon for the final Aether. Not the most interactive deck ever.

Poor fool never even got to keep white mana in play until about 10 turns later, by which point I had a bagillion answers in hand. Stupid.dec

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 127.97 KiB | Viewed 4054 times ]
Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:46 am 

I have a similar deck with good success so far (16-3).

I play 2 Radiant Flames, 3 Telling Time and 8 Counter Spells (Spell Shirvel and Calculated Dismiss) instead of Clutch of Currents, From Beyond and Brilliant Spectrum.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:04 am 

turnabouts wrote:
I have a similar deck with good success so far (16-3).

I play 2 Radiant Flames, 3 Telling Time and 8 Counter Spells (Spell Shirvel and Calculated Dismiss) instead of Clutch of Currents, From Beyond and Brilliant Spectrum.

Try this build instead, I think it's the better option. Imo, not much point in counterspells here, as you want answers to early rather than late threats, which when this deck works they never get to play. Babs was obviously right about flames, so I'm currently running flames and Gideon, instead of anchor to the Aether.

Anti counter logic: everything else is pretty much sorcery speed. You can't hold up counter magic and moss your opponent, rendering counters often dead. Or at least I'd suppose. How is it actually working for you?

Whether you try mine or not, if you are running 4 colors brilliant spectrum is almost auto include in any deck that can pay for it. Draw 4 is ridiculous. You should try to fit it in.

Edit: regarding my deck, I think this might be the real deal, unfortunately. I just absolutely creamed a very well crafted gruul ramp/monsters. It was ugly. Poor guy played like 11 lands, ended on just 6, with me killing by planar outbursting an empty board to awaken a land for the kill. It was just brutal, he attacked exactly one time. Never got to the golden 7 lands, despite holding GR (which I had the answer to in any case). Best play he got to do was into the maw of hell destroying an awakened land and another. But it was way too little too late, and amazing he even managed to draw so many lands. Had he had anything approaching a normal distribution he'd have ended on 1 or 2. I think I hate this deck. (I was holding bounce, and radiant flames at the end, when I played my outburst ftw).

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:04 am 

Sorry if something like this has already been done, but I'm not in the mood to read this entire thread. I've been wanting to play a really land-centric deck for a while now, so the Manlands and the Awaken mechanic are the core idea of the deck. It just so happens that you can jam almost every planeswalker into a deck with these colors and you get to play with Brilliant Spectrum at max capacity. I've played 10-15 with this one and it feels pretty good so far, but if anyone has any experience playing with a similar deck then let me know your thoughts. Also, the manabase is a hot mess.

9 Creatures, 28 Lands

1 x Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
3 x Telling Time
1 x Displacement Wave

3 x Pilgrim's Eye
1 x Nissa, Vastwood Seer
2 x Scatter to the Winds
3 x Roil Spout

2 x Suppression Bonds
4 x Brilliant Spectrum
2 x Languish
1 x Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
1 x Kiora, Master of the Depths

1 x Disciple of the Ring
2 x Planar Outburst
1 x Ob Nixilis Reignited

1 x Greenwarden of Murasa
1 x Part the Waterveil

1 x Emeria Shepherd

3 x Plains
3 x Island
3 x Swamp
3 x Forest
2 x Lumbering Falls
2 x Shambling Vent
2 x Sunken Hollow
2 x Canopy Vista
2 x Prairie Stream
2 x Woodland Cemetery
4 x Evolving Wilds

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:45 am 

Preferred Pronoun Set: Xhir/xhim, depending on Moon phase
Hakeem928 wrote:
emeria sepa? ggggñññ

Haha, you edited the post while I was quoting it, it was weird to not find your question

Anyways...what about a Drowner in that place? to handle opponent's awakened lands, which should be problematic, and general control
And maybe a From Beyond for a spectrum then? not a bad card certainly, and "doubles" both eldrazi, plus makes the Drowner better...you know better than me

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:01 pm 

Here is a nice combo deck i just made and tested online. Here is also video of how the deck worked https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsdJ1iUctA0 (maybe still uploading to youtube)
I lost 0 games so far. Combo is pretty simple, u just spam land boosting spells and win the game with huge blast from Rolling Thunder or Ravaging Blaze. To survive i have some mass removal and also nice balance of card draw to get things rolling fast and smooth. Let me know if u get some concerns or suggestion on how to maybe improve this deck. It was imo really fun to play!

Deck list:

Green
4x Gatecreeper Vine
1x Nissa, Vastwood Seer
4x Natural Connection
4x Nissa's Pilgrimage
2x Nissa's Renewal

Red
3x Ravaging Blaze
3x Rolling Thunder
2x Radiant Flames

Blue
2x Displacement Wave
3x Anchor to the Aether
3x Coastal Discovery
4x Brilliant Spectrum

White
2x Planar Outburst

Artifact
1x Oblivion Sower

Lands
3x Plains
4x Island
4x Mountain
9x Forest
2x Lumbering Falls

Last edited by Flayer on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:26 pm 

Flayer wrote:
Here is a nice combo deck i just made and tested online. Here is also video of how the deck worked https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsdJ1iUctA0 (maybe still uploading to youtube)
I lost 0 games so far. Combo is pretty simple, u just spam land boosting spells and win the game with huge blast from Rolling Thunder or Ravaging Blaze. To survive i have some mass removal and also nice balance of card draw to get things rolling fast and smooth. Let me know if u get some concerns or suggestion on how to maybe improve this deck. It was imo really fun to play!

I just posted the same idea, but more agressive, in the Gruul thread.

Problem with your deck is, imho, that the pure burn of Thunders and Blazes isn't enough upon a fast aggro/combo/lifegain deck...you many times end wasting the Thunders on creatures, or firing the Blazes sub-optimally

I prefer a more pro-active approach, to have between 3-9 points of early damage, and 2-4 big, combish or recursive finishers more for the kill...at the expense of draw and control, comparing with your deck

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:31 am 

Flayer wrote:

I just posted the same idea, but more agressive, in the Gruul thread.

Problem with your deck is, imho, that the pure burn of Thunders and Blazes isn't enough upon a fast aggro/combo/lifegain deck...you many times end wasting the Thunders on creatures, or firing the Blazes sub-optimally

I prefer a more pro-active approach, to have between 3-9 points of early damage, and 2-4 big, combish or recursive finishers more for the kill...at the expense of draw and control, comparing with your deck

When i made this deck i thought that this will not do well against mill decks and surely lifegain could also be hard match up but in xbox meta i haven't seen any real lifegain decks and rarely also see mill decks. Aggro of course depends a lot on ur starting hand and are u able to hold the early aggression or not. If u manage to stay in high hp and get to turn 4-5 i think u should be ok and take pretty easy win at this point.

In my video i did play vs one BG elf and GW aggro. Totally schooled that elf but GW aggro game was very very close at one point. Overall i think that aggro is not bad match up for this deck but this has to be tested more to be sure.

I do also try to get dmg done by attacking lands before i try to end game with big blast. Deck has 22 lands so it basically can't kill opponent with one 20 dmg blast unleash u manage to get all lands in the field.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:18 am 

Flayer wrote:

I do also try to get dmg done by attacking lands before i try to end game with big blast. Deck has 22 lands so it basically can't kill opponent with one 20 dmg blast unleash u manage to get all lands in the field.

Part the waterveil, perhaps?

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:03 am 

Flayer wrote:

Part the waterveil, perhaps?

That and or Greenwarden of Murasa. I still need to open few boosters to get those cards :P. Murasa would allow right tools at needed times. Example if u need lifegain vs RDW to survive u can play more Nissa's Renewal.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:56 am 

Deprived

1 x Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
2 x Displacement Wave

2 x Flameshadow Conjuring
3 x Into the Maw of Hell

4 x Gatecreeper Vine
4 x Elvish Visionary
2 x Evolutionary Leap
1 x Nissa, Vastwood Seer
2 x Reclamation Sage
2 x From Beyond
4 x Mwonvuli Acid-Moss
1 x Greenwarden of Murasa
1 x Woodland Bellower

3 x Possessed Skaab
1 x Sire of Stagnation

2 x Pilgrim's Eye
1 x Oblivion Sower

5 x Island
2 x Swamp
5 x Mountain
7 x Forest
2 x Smoldering Marsh
2 x Cinder Glade

Strategy: Kill land repeatedly. Mostly a 2HG deck although it is most evil in 1vs1 once you can get it ggoing. The Displacement Wave is for even more annoying antics late game to remove anything the opponent might have cast that slipped by your land destruction spree.

And yes, this is probably the most Johnny deck currently around that I have made.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next