It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Off Topic Thread
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:19 pm 

mjack33 wrote:
Man...
After taking my couple years off I really lost "rank" on posting. mjack, you alone are a reason why they could probably sell ad revenue here.
Maybe not... Isn't it "unique" hits?

I had 10.8K+ posts before Innistrad block made it into Magic Duels. I've barely posted anything at all in the last year or so.

Mjack in the last week you’ve posted more than some people that have been around all year

I would not call those people active posters.

Also people are responding to my posts so why wouldn't I post more?

-------------------------------

They should really let me into the **** closed beta already. It's been 5 months and I'm still convinced I have to wait for open beta. First come first serve my ***.

But I keep going back and forth on whether I actually want in. The game might as well be in closed alpha (not closed beta) with all the features they are currently missing.

The absolute biggest problem for me right now, even worse than the economy, is the lack of an ability to match up and play with people I know.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:21 pm 

For people who are interested, it looks like people have datamined that a modern format will exist and the game files at least mention it possibly going as far back as Shadows over Innistrad.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:23 pm 

This game is going to release with too many sets for me to seriously "whale", even if I wanted to do so. This game would be harder to have a decent collection in than Hearthstone even if they sold packs at 50 cents per pop. I would bet serious money that gems aren't going to give packs that cheaply, so I don't even know who this game is for at this point.

Something that strikes me as odd but does make sense is that apparently the 3 free packs every week is a stand-in for things like draft they haven't implemented yet. So the current economy is, at least currently, what they expect F2P to look like if they don't make adjustments to it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:52 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: Mr.
Arena "modern" is going to be a real bitch for f2p players.

New Arena Content Now! Streaming coming soon!
https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster
My band Shakey Deal YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBpPU1fbAjSPTfu3g0vubLw
Shakey Deal Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDeal.Neil.Young.tribute/
Shakey Deal Audio Page
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDealAudio1/

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:03 pm 

Arena "modern" in general is going to be a real bitch for f2p players.

:fixed:

Their stated target goal is 25-30 packs per month for completely free play.

In Standard, could you imagine trying to have a competitive deck with 30 packs of EIGHT CARDS split across 7 sets? What about with 90 packs?

Ignoring the fact that most commons and un-commons are trash, a lot of rares and mythics are also trash. Even with 90 packs I can't see someone making more than one good deck.

By that I mean, you are going to be able to make ONE good deck per season (a season being the time between set releases) using all your wild-cards. If that deck stops being good or you get tired of that deck, then you are screwed and you have to either deal with it or spend money to buy a new deck.

If they don't fix the economy, which is currently about three times worse than HEARTHSTONE for F2P players, this is not going to be a game with a lot of F2P players. Best case it will be popular for phantom drafts. Worst case it's just DOA b/c no one wants to whale it up in a game with no player-base b/c the grind is excruciatingly painful.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:08 pm 

What's really sad is that I believe WOTC is just that stupid. Because apparently the economy was the number one most discussed complain before the NDA was lifted and their response to that feedback was to make it significantly worse.

The game is also missing a way to play against people on a friend's list, a working quest system that people don't absolutely hate, anything resembling a bug-free environment that can handle large stalled out board states (hint: person clicking attack all wins), and a main menu that isn't the most annoying thing on the planet at the point in time when you first log in. They really need to remove the person throwing gold around with the text along the lines of "Open all your packs". That's just in poor taste given how they've treated the game and the feedback they've gotten so far.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:48 am 

The only monsters I had trouble with were Kirin and a couple of the last three Elders.

On the off-chance you read this, any tips for this one? Because this one sucks.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:11 am 

Most Hated Monsters So Far: Kirin and Bazelgeuse

Past that I just don't like dealing with flying ****. It basically requires either a ranged weapon or for you to just dodge half the battle while playing a bad version of Skyrim's dragon chasing simulator. i'm very glad I invested in all sorts of bows because there's basically no way to deal with flying anything and keep your sanity without some ranged weapon, and I can't be **** to keep track of blowgun ammo.

Edit: I guess I'm going to throw in Zorah Magnaros too b/c that's not hard at all. Just extremely tedious and impossible to farm at a decent rate because of the RNG based nature of it's quest.

It's also the single glitchiest quest in the game. Every time I do it now I have long periods of time where there is no objective. I've done everything too fast and now I'm just waiting for something else to trigger. The magma cores die too fast, Nergigante literally just goes away most of the time if left alone, and once you've dealt with all four of those objectives you can literally just get stuck waiting until it decides to trigger the next part of the quest. I also don't think I've ever even once hit one of the stalactites, so I don't like being reminded every 3 minutes that they are there and I should use them.

Oh and this is the quest where for the entire second half I'm wondering where the **** my Palico has gone b/c that's probably the best cannon to load until we run out of ammo. Then wait for my palico and the dude to just keep loading it for me anyways b/c apparently there is invisible ammo on the ground that I just can't see but they can still load.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:58 am 

Im going to fire you out of a cannon pretty soon.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:14 am 

mjack33 wrote:
What's really sad is that I believe WOTC is just that stupid. Because apparently the economy was the number one most discussed complain before the NDA was lifted and their response to that feedback was to make it significantly worse.

The game is also missing a way to play against people on a friend's list, a working quest system that people don't absolutely hate, anything resembling a bug-free environment that can handle large stalled out board states (hint: person clicking attack all wins), and a main menu that isn't the most annoying thing on the planet at the point in time when you first log in. They really need to remove the person throwing gold around with the text along the lines of "Open all your packs". That's just in poor taste given how they've treated the game and the feedback they've gotten so far.

The way at the moment the game is set up it loads the ram something fierce. Before the last patch the game state slowed significantly when all me and my op had on board were around 80 Polyraptors. There are combos that can produce way more tokens.

Shakey Deal Facebook
Shakey Deal Audio Page

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:19 am 

mjack33 wrote:

The way at the moment the game is set up it loads the ram something fierce. Before the last patch the game state slowed significantly when all me and my op had on board were around 80 Polyraptors. There are combos that can produce way more tokens.

I think in this scenario I was just referring to the classic Duels problem of the turn timer being too short to assign blockers appropriately.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:19 am 

Elijin wrote:
Im going to fire you out of a cannon pretty soon.

Let's do it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:38 pm 

Into the sun

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:16 pm 

Ha, ha! Good one!

... This forum is dead.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:52 pm 

jack.exe has stopped working.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:28 pm 

mjack33 wrote:
Ha, ha! Good one!

... This forum is dead.

When the game opens there will be more activity here. Hard to keep a coherent conversation going in Discord.

Shakey Deal Facebook
Shakey Deal Audio Page

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:40 pm 

Hell hath frozen over.

In other news they have let me into the beta.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:58 pm 

I'll let the admins know to reinforce the NGA servers in preparation for all your rants :P

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:33 pm 

I'll let the admins know to reinforce the NGA servers in preparation for all your rants :P

That's a funny joke. It's as if the forums weren't dead because of how the bad the game is, I haven't already been posting way too much in this thread, or that anything worth ranting about requires play-testing.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:08 pm 

Long story short: I went 7-7 with a custom deck. 3 losses due to mana screw and 4 losses b/c I haven't spent all my wildcards to make one deck yet.

Edit: It was some merfolk jank I made with all starter cards. Didn't open anything worth putting in it. Haven't spent any gold or wild-cards yet. Not sure when I'm going to start doing that.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next