It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Off Topic Thread
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:58 am 

Preferred Pronoun Set: Mr.
Did you see it in theater or do you have a good cam of it already? I got an exceptional cam of Ready Player One a few weeks ago. I don't know if we'll ever go to the movies again. Took the family last month to Wrinkle in Time and just popcorn and soda for four cost $80.
That is grade A bull....

New Arena Content Now! Streaming coming soon!
https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster
My band Shakey Deal YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBpPU1fbAjSPTfu3g0vubLw
Shakey Deal Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDeal.Neil.Young.tribute/
Shakey Deal Audio Page
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDealAudio1/

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:37 am 

So a new expansion releases in 4.5 to 8.5 hours and only two people care enough to comment on MTG:A specific topics across the entire subforum.

This subforum is almost completely dead. And I think it's entirely the game's fault, because people legitimately have nothing worth talking about.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:44 pm 

Identity: ItsreallyDJ0045
Preferred Pronoun Set: I'm male, lol!
Meh, I think they purposefully killed their old communities. I kind of get the decision, tbh.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:21 pm 

It's a shame, some cool folk on here i'll miss :( (and Barney)

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:19 am 

I was hovering this past week with the update looming to see if this would be worth the effort. Sad to say I'll stick to Untap for EDH and maybe see what the state of play for paper Commander 2018 decks are like.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:54 pm 

Between the Beta forums and Reddit, there is not much stuff left for discussion here. We may still come back to life when they make it possible for players to organize tournaments. Also, with the $$$ economy online, people now have more ability to build and discuss custom decks, so hopefully the constructed forum will liven up a bit.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:10 am 

When it goes live on several platforms I imagine people will come here for help

And Nighthawk’s witty banter!!

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:29 am 

Yondar wrote:
Also, with the $$$ economy online, people now have more ability to build and discuss custom decks, so hopefully the constructed forum will liven up a bit.

You can drop $200 on this game and feel extremely bad about it. No dusting means that once your wild-cards are gone, all of your agency is gone. And the fastest you can open the vault, if you spent that $200 on exclusively one set and open exclusively that set from now on, is about ~2-2.5 times per month F2P-ing it.

You can spend $200 on the game and feel bad because you get no more long-term agency than someone who spends $0. All you get to do is lock yourself into a deck or two and then go back to square one. That's a **** system that only appeals to MTG addicts who are hopelessly addicted to the game and used to over-spending on it. There is no way in hell this is going to get any of the Hearthstone crowd.

They aren't going to have people continuously spending money on this long-term, other than Draft, if they keep the current prices. They certainly won't have it become a major E-Sport. Because no one but the already addicted are going to be able to swallow the prices after the first time they spend money (Draft excluded), and no one but the already addicted are going to be okay with the F2P progression. They NEED to do another overhaul of the economy, because it still sucks unless you are an MTG addict so used to being exploited by WOTC that you don't care how bad it is.

Yondar wrote:
We may still come back to life when they make it possible for players to organize tournaments.

When it goes live on several platforms I imagine people will come here for help

And Nighthawk’s witty banter!!

As far as I can tell, a lot of people are gone from the forums just because they aren't playing the game anymore. Even The Devilwuster might be quitting. That is how bad this current iteration of the game is. And the way a F2P game works is once you quit, you get so far behind that you don't come back. Unless you are willing to drop a lot of money, which most people simply aren't. This game's F2P economy blows and it's P2W economy blows. Most NGA'ers can't stand option A or option B so they aren't posting because there's nothing to talk about because the game sucks.

Me excluded. Because I paid to win, I'm having a lot of fun crushing F2P plebs with Hazoret the Fervent and The Scarab God. But I'm playing as much as I can while I can so that I feel like I got my money's worth, because I'm not dumb enough to spend money on the game a second time without major changes to the economy. WOTC seriously needs to fix their **** and admit they aren't the default market leader in a Hearthstone world. Or admit that this game is only for people already invested in MTG who want cheaper drafting. Either/or.

I'm still at a point where I wouldn't be surprised at all if they didn't pull another Magic Duels on this in a year or two lol.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:32 am 

When it goes live on several platforms

That's a funny joke.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:51 am 

From the sounds of it, I’ll probably just do Limited if it’s anything like Hearthstone. Arena was a ton of fun. I just hope it’s affordable, I’m not going to drop real money

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:54 am 

From the sounds of it, I’ll probably just do Limited if it’s anything like Hearthstone. Arena was a ton of fun. I just hope it’s affordable, I’m not going to drop real money

750 gems or 5000 Gold per draft.

Drafts reward gems, so you can get some extra drafts from the draft rewards.

For a point of reference, packs are 1000 Gold and the Expected Daily Gold is almost exactly enough for 1 Pack between doing your daily and getting 4 wins. So to do one draft for Free you need to win 4 times for 5 days out of the seven and do most of your dailies that week.

System sucks balls if you don't spend money.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:50 pm 

Did you see it in theater or do you have a good cam of it already? I got an exceptional cam of Ready Player One a few weeks ago. I don't know if we'll ever go to the movies again. Took the family last month to Wrinkle in Time and just popcorn and soda for four cost $80.
That is grade A bull....

Do you watch a lot of camshows?

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:19 pm 

Élijin you a Jim Jeffries fan? He did a recent thing on abortion in Ireland and it’s brilliant

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:05 pm 

That is grade A bull....

I live in europe, so it opened in theaters tuesday just after midnight. Although I took an early ticket on wednesday instead, 11am, just to stay ahead of spoilers. And I don't do cams. There are no exceptional cams, that's an oxymoron. And I like to support the theaters who make an effort, so I bought 2 tickets to see it in imax 3d. I don't mind the price, which was ~$50 pr ticket and then I try to live healthily, so I only buy a bottle of overpriced water. And I had a great 2½ hours.

The NSA is the only branch of government that actually listens to people.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:53 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: Mr.
Mwuanno wrote:
That is grade A bull....

I live in europe, so it opened in theaters tuesday just after midnight. Although I took an early ticket on wednesday instead, 11am, just to stay ahead of spoilers. And I don't do cams. There are no exceptional cams, that's an oxymoron. And I like to support the theaters who make an effort, so I bought 2 tickets to see it in imax 3d. I don't mind the price, which was ~$50 pr ticket and then I try to live healthily, so I only buy a bottle of overpriced water. And I had a great 2½ hours.

Yah I guess my eating and, well habits mostly, aren't that healthy. Movie though.... Ever since the kids were born once a week or so we would do "popcorn movie night" and put a movie in the dvd player and make popcorn. You know. Good, clean wholesome family get together time so when we go to the theater it's just what we do. I know what when we do go again, we are splitting the popcorn.
Elijin: If I'm super interested in a movie I will check out a cam if it's a decent one and then wait until it's available for rental or sale if we really liked it. I haven't done it in a while but when I'd rent a movie the kids really liked there was an obligatory rip and burn so we would have it available whenever. I still have the spindles of movies, some of which will not see the light of day again I'm sure. It chokes me up a little looking through it and knowing the kids are growing up and a lot of those movies will never be seen again. Never know though. I'm 50 and I still like to put in The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Rikki Tikki Tavi and a few others about once a year and enjoy all those Rankin Bass Christmas movies.
Wow, how did I get to all that?

New Arena Content Now! Streaming coming soon!
https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster
My band Shakey Deal YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBpPU1fbAjSPTfu3g0vubLw
Shakey Deal Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDeal.Neil.Young.tribute/
Shakey Deal Audio Page
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDealAudio1/

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:27 pm 

Let's see if i have this figured out:

Wotc announces new digital version of game
Forum is created
off topic thread is created (why do we even have an off topic area?)
mjack shows up and makes thread voicing concerns
Mjack plays game and then bitches and moans about game

The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon wrote:
The secret of this format is in not breaking it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:10 pm 

Yes, that is all correct

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:25 pm 

I went to Walmart looking for an alarm clock and came home with the Devil May Cry HD Collection for PS4 (most recent HD editions of games 1-3). Then out of curiosity I checked the PSN store and the most up to date version of 4 is temporarily on sale for $7.50 for about a week-long sale.

This is divine providence telling me what I'm doing this weekend.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:21 pm 

Next time you come home from Walmart I hope you come home with jumping-off-a-bridge

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 5:47 am 

Next time you come home from Walmart I hope you come home with jumping-off-a-bridge

So he lives under a bridge? What is this, Three Billy Goats Gruff?

The NSA is the only branch of government that actually listens to people.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next