It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 9:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Off Topic Thread
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:47 pm 

Anyone want to discuss any of the following games:

- Devil May Cry (the original, not the emo reboot)
- Monster Hunter World
- Slay the Spire
- League of Legends
- Shadows of the Colossus
- Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
- Bayonetta
- Bayonetta 2

???

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:48 pm 

Mwuanno wrote:
Next time you come home from Walmart I hope you come home with jumping-off-a-bridge

So he lives under a bridge? What is this, Three Billy Goats Gruff?

He's telling me to go jump off a bridge this weekend.

I'm getting revenge by explaining the joke. :evil:

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 5:35 pm 

Arrrrrrghh!!! Well played jack.

Ive just started playing Disney Infinity 3.0. I feel like I’m secersl years too late

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 5:41 pm 

Arrrrrrghh!!! Well played jack.

Arrr, Matey! I have not yet even begun.

Ive just started playing Disney Infinity 3.0. I feel like I’m secersl years too late

https://www.theverge.com/2016/5/10/1165 ... s-canceled

Almost 2. The game's final version was discontinued in May 2016.

-------------

I'm interested to know how you managed to get "secersl" from "several". I would understand if the correct letters were all on the right side of the keyboard or you only messed up the bottom row, but you managed to get 's' right and then get 'a' wrong. That takes true typo skill right there yes it does.

Last edited by mjack33 on Sat May 05, 2018 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 5:44 pm 

I remember why I 100%'d Devil May Cry 2 and Devil May Cry 3 but never bothered to finish Devil May Cry 1.

Phantom is an ****.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:40 pm 

Devil May Cry (the original; not the reboot) is too old for its own good. If it was released today (as an original IP, not an HD remaster) it would get terrible reviews. In fact if this is the first video game I showed to someone who was completely new to video games, it would put them off the hobby for good. People think Dark Souls is hard. That game is easy. This game is actually hard.

The fundamental problem I have with the game is that it makes you do the entire chapter over again when you die, and the hard part where I die is always at the end of the chapter for very obvious pacing reasons. So I get to spend 10-20 minutes speed-running a part I've already memorized/mastered in order to practice and inevitably fail at the part where I need to.... well practice. This literally just isn't fun until you get way better than I currently am at the combat. And you can't practice on Easy because Easy is a fully automatic mode that is completely useless for anyone who wants to play the game on Normal. Easy mode actually punishes you for not button mashing, and it punishes you pretty harshly in my opinion. So there's basically just the eternal struggle in Normal mode to look forward to. Cue whatever boss fight is going to make me miserable next.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:58 am 

Dont open if youre mjack/Black Barnaby.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 5:56 pm 

Elijin wrote:

Didn't understand instructions. Restarting Fallout 4 for the 19th time in a row before getting 5 hours into it.

Edit: Would a Diablo III reference have been better here? /edit

:evil:

The real question is whether or not I would care.

I don't understand what beef you have with Richard Simmons (I think I do but I wanted to make a joke).

Last edited by mjack33 on Mon May 07, 2018 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:02 pm 

The ignore feature historically doesn't work for 3 reasons:

1. People can't resist looking.
2. You can still see quotes from the ignored person. So when they are half of the conversation it doesn't matter.
3. Anyone who has been around for a while knows the 3rd one.

------------------------

Regardless I'm making less than 8 posts per day. On a healthy forum that is almost nothing and wouldn't even appear to be a problem. Case in point: Unless you really want to debate this, I'll only have posted twice five times today.

The real problem is that the forum is dead, so we have triple posts like the above where you get a double post on Saturday (for good reasons) and then you get a 3rd post way later on Sunday b/c no one else is using the damn thread.

If people posted more you wouldn't care as much. Unless my anti-arena craziness is the problem (in which case I've misread a signal and that's a whole different discussion).

Edit:

We are up from three to five (and possibly counting) due to posts below.

Last edited by mjack33 on Mon May 07, 2018 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:38 pm 

This deserves it's own post.

Elijin wrote:

Barney is a way better poster than you are. By 2 orders of magnitude.

Barney is a highly positive person who at least tries to contribute to the site. He also posts outside of the off topic thread.

You've made 5 posts in the last 9 months. Total. Only a single one of those has been outside of the off topic thread, and two of those are complaining about other posters who actually .... you know.... post. You have no grounds to complain about someone like Barney.

Everyone has grounds to complain about me, so I'm not even going to try to defend myself.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:57 pm 

Elijin is a wittier poster and person than me

Now, about that bridge...

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:10 pm 

Elijin is a wittier poster and person than me

Now, about that bridge...

That doesn't matter. He's made 5 posts in 9 months, 3 of them have been complaining about something, and only one of them has been purely positive. Wit means nothing if you don't use it.

You actually contribute to this subforum. And other subforums. On a regular basis and as a highly positive influence. 100's of positive posts (with some bad jokes liberally spread throughout) are very much preferable over the occasional witty complaint.

It is my firm opinion that you, Black_Barney, are the second reason, out of two (the other being Devil), that this sub-forum isn't completely dead by now.

You shouldn't sell yourself short like this just because you like who the person you are being compared to used to be.

Edit: Every time you tell me to jump off a bridge, from now on, I'm going to explain two more of your jokes.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:18 pm 

LOL that’s more than fair Jack :)

Im just trying to wake Elijin back from his slumber in the same way I accidentally brought you back.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:40 pm 

The top 7 posters I remember right now are:

- 1 person who won't play the game far past full release bar a major economic change
- 1 person who doesn't expect to play the game far past full release bar a major economic change who also isn't sure if they are going to bother drafting through their gem store after the last wipe
- 1 person who won't play the game until it comes to xbox (so never)
- 1 person who is desperately holding onto nostalgia but who probably will choose time with their family over grinding out this game every day
- 2 people who are definitely going to play the game
- 1 person who i'm not even sure played Magic Duels and who I was surprised to see posting here; no idea on their status

Everyone else posts so little that i'm not commenting on them.

The forum IS dead. Duels of the Planeswalkers was a well supported niche product that had a unique community with a lot of good people (and some bad). Most of those completely quit once Magic Duels come out, and the rest have quit by now due to Magic Arena... being what it is.

LOL that’s more than fair Jack :)

Im just trying to wake Elijin back from his slumber in the same way I accidentally brought you back.

I'm 90% certain that the post asking everyone to put you and me on ignore means he's not going to become a long-term poster (I'm done updating that stupid counter btw). I mean good god look at this page and tell me what it would looks like if everyone else had you and me on ignore. We'd have like 1 visible post.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:46 pm 

Elijin wrote:
Dont open if youre mjack/Black Barnaby.]we should all put them both on ignore and see which one works it out first, and how long that takes

The answer to this question is that either:

A) Someone would tell Barney before I realize it.

or

B) Multiple people would break down and complain about how most of several pages aren't visible; so I would realize it.

If B) happened I would have fun with it. :evil::mage::rofl:

Edit: This whole comment chain reminds me of how I got the :ontopic: emote banned. Because I guarantee you if I was having fun with something like this :bump: would be a good starting point.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:27 pm 

'Twas a joke about how neither of you 100% need engagement to continue with your high energy 'puppy' style posting.

Your response probably gives a lot of insight to why you're not getting that engagement.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:09 am 

You have no idea why I'm posting on here do you?

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 9:52 am 

Identity: ItsreallyDJ0045
Preferred Pronoun Set: I'm male, lol!
Nobody does.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:26 am 

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:02 pm 

Figured I'd give my status on Arena: I didn't bother with getting a key for closed Beta since I'm pretty busy IRL currently; and at this point I might just wait for open Beta. Once that rolls around I'd say I'm pretty likely to pick it up.

See y'all in 2020 I guess.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next