It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:42 am 

You mean in the main deck? Pia provides three power (= crews Heart of Kiran), one of which flies; turns on Unlicensed Disintegration; provides blockers against red decks; has two activated abilities that occasionally come up. If you don't run Pia, what do you run?

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:23 am 

I guess you can cut Pia depending on how aggressive you want to be. Don't think adding 4s is the way to go though.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:45 am 

That's what I'm playing:

I'm on the fence regarding 25 vs 26 lands. Theoretically 25 should be okaish, but last run (which finished 7-2), I had 3 games where I was manascrewed at 3 mana for several rounds.

4 Scrapheap Scrounger (KLD) 231
1 Swamp (RIX) 194
2 Kari Zev, Skyship Raider (AER) 87
15 Mountain (RIX) 195
3 Chandra, Torch of Defiance (KLD) 110
3 Rekindling Phoenix (RIX) 111
2 Heart of Kiran (AER) 153
3 Abrade (HOU) 83
3 Unlicensed Disintegration (KLD) 187
4 Goblin Chainwhirler (DAR) 129
4 Aether Hub (KLD) 242
2 Cinder Barrens (M19) 248
2 Hazoret the Fervent (AKH) 136
2 Spire of Industry (AER) 184
4 Bomat Courier (KLD) 199
2 Glorybringer (AKH) 134
2 Dragonskull Summit (XLN) 252
2 Soul-Scar Mage (AKH) 148

I'm playing 2 SSM because of their -1/-1 counters which synergises very well. I always hated topdecking Pia, on the other hand it's awesome to draw a Phoenix/Chandra/Hazoret.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:02 pm 

Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: uhhhhh
divinevert wrote:
It also records your drafts ;)
So you can check your picks and figure out where it all went wrong :P
Wintervoid wrote:
Does it track win/loss by Deck name? I assume that includes if you make edits to the deck later? I may actually have to name more decks if so. Otherwise, "Deck 1" will have a horrible record.

It does, currently Devil´s wizards have an 83% win rate

I notice it goes wonky with Glimmer of Genius. Like, it reads the scry as a draw, and the draw as a second draw, so it said I had 29 cards left in deck when I had 33 left after casting Glimmer twice.

It also only reads me as in-game about half the time.

The one true King of NGA Magic Duels on Xbox One.

You want some? Come get some. You don't like me? Bite me.

Day 1,000 of the never-ending Vert monarchy.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=16077

Magic's a simple game, 2 people take turns playing cards and in the end Divinevert wins 2-0...

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:34 pm 

divinevert wrote:
It also only reads me as in-game about half the time.

I had a few glitches as well, but overall, a nice little program. I am just happy that it keeps tracks of my records.

A few things I wish it did as well, that seem easy to add:

Give me a % chance that I will draw a land. I already do this mentally in many cases, but just a rough estimate. Seems like this would be an easy feature to add.

I like that it keeps track of what colors I win/lose vs, but could it be expanded? If I win 10 games vs Mono red, but lose 10 games vs Grixis, it will show me as 50% vs red, which can be a bit misleading. If it divided W/L into the actual deck colors you played against, it would be helpful. The graph may be a bit tougher to read though.

If it kept track of wins/losses based on being on Play/Draw.

Overall though, very pleased with it so far.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:51 pm 

Auunj wrote:
That's what I'm playing:

I'm on the fence regarding 25 vs 26 lands. Theoretically 25 should be okaish, but last run (which finished 7-2), I had 3 games where I was manascrewed at 3 mana for several rounds.

1 Swamp (RIX) 194
15 Mountain (RIX) 195
3 Abrade (HOU) 83
4 Aether Hub (KLD) 242
2 Glorybringer (AKH) 134

I'm playing 2 SSM because of their -1/-1 counters which synergises very well. I always hated topdecking Pia, on the other hand it's awesome to draw a Phoenix/Chandra/Hazoret.

Well with this list I'd be more interested in running Pia, not less, because of the Spire of Industry. You need artifacts, and Pia provides one. This also lets you sideboard out Bomat Courier against other red decks (although it's not like Pia is effective either against Chainwhirler), although you're not playing with sideboards I take it?

I think Pia isn't a terrible topdeck. It's not as good as Hazoret / Chandra / Phoenix etc of course, but it's still a 3-power body and in the late-game it provides a mana sink as well. Soul-Scar Mage is pretty mediocre in my experience. It's good against certain decks (in particular green since it enables your 3-damage removal on their 4-toughness bodies, and mono-red), and very unimpressive against others. That's why I board it out quite a bit.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:25 pm 

SSM really shines on the Keld deck and I love him there, in this pile he is just part of a 2 card combo that´s not always useful. He got the axe quite some time ago, he is not even in SB for me.
On the other hand, I run 2 copies of Pia main deck and swap 1 copy out in the mirror, she is very versatile and gives you attack angles in tight scenarios. She can ride and pump the heart of Kiran...

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:54 am 

Auunj wrote:
That's what I'm playing:

1 Swamp (RIX) 194
15 Mountain (RIX) 195
3 Abrade (HOU) 83
4 Aether Hub (KLD) 242
2 Glorybringer (AKH) 134

This list might be aggressive enough to cut Pia, but again, adding 4-drops doesn't seem ideal in that case.
I'd try something like this:
+2 Ahn-Crop Crasher
-1 Hazoret/Rekindling Phoenix
-1 land

With 26 lands and no acces to Cycling lands you're super prone to flood. Seth Manfield runs 26 in his latest iteration, but that iteration is a true midrange deck (maindecking stuff like Karn, Magma Spray and Vraska's Contempt over Bomat Courier, Kari Zev and Hazoret) and runs the full set of Cycling lands. I found I'd get flooded with 25 at times.

Pia gets better the more controlling you are; she's good value and provides you with a nice manasink. You never want too many of her since drawing multiples is awkward, but you can easily run up to 2.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:11 pm 

You don't consider Pia an aggressive card? That's weird. She's 3 power for 3 mana, one of which is evasive, plus has two aggressive abilities. Sure she's not as aggressive as Ahn-Crop Crasher, but I certainly consider her an aggressive card as well and take her out if I'm trying to board into control.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:35 am 

As soon as I dropped to 25 lands I got mana stuck at 3 lands. FML.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:09 am 

Preferred Pronoun Set: Mr.
SSM really shines on the Keld deck and I love him there, in this pile he is just part of a 2 card combo that´s not always useful. He got the axe quite some time ago, he is not even in SB for me.
On the other hand, I run 2 copies of Pia main deck and swap 1 copy out in the mirror, she is very versatile and gives you attack angles in tight scenarios. She can ride and pump the heart of Kiran...

I'm happy to hear of my Wizard decks win rate for you. I should keep track myself. It's been my goto gold grinding or to play if I'm buried in frustration from playing my normally janky decks and need a mental boost. LoL
Edit: I did notice you modified it but what the heck. Whatever makes you more comfortable. I've been thinking about going -1 Goblin +1 Soul Scar for many games now. It's frustrating having your hand stacked with Goblins and that happens quite often it seems. The Prowess on Soul Scar really comes in handy with all the burn the deck has available.

Undercity Coliseum Tournament and NGA KOTH up now and streaming (sometimes)!!!! Make sure you subscribe.
https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster
My band Shakey Deal YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBpPU1fbAjSPTfu3g0vubLw
Shakey Deal Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDeal.Neil.Young.tribute/

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:32 pm 

Boy, I hate it when my opponent keeps in all his Glint-Sleeve Siphoners, Llanowar Elves, Champion of Wits, etc, against me post-board and wins anyway because I don't draw Goblin Chainwhirler.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:46 pm 

Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: uhhhhh
Banedon wrote:
Boy, I hate it when my opponent keeps in all his Glint-Sleeve Siphoners, Llanowar Elves, Champion of Wits, etc, against me post-board and wins anyway because I don't draw Goblin Chainwhirler.

On the play, I keep Llanowar Elves in. They are valuable enough for the risk.

The one true King of NGA Magic Duels on Xbox One.

You want some? Come get some. You don't like me? Bite me.

Day 1,000 of the never-ending Vert monarchy.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=16077

Magic's a simple game, 2 people take turns playing cards and in the end Divinevert wins 2-0...

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:02 pm 

I'm happy to hear of my Wizard decks win rate for you. I should keep track myself. It's been my goto gold grinding or to play if I'm buried in frustration from playing my normally janky decks and need a mental boost. LoL
Edit: I did notice you modified it but what the heck. Whatever makes you more comfortable. I've been thinking about going -1 Goblin +1 Soul Scar for many games now. It's frustrating having your hand stacked with Goblins and that happens quite often it seems. The Prowess on Soul Scar really comes in handy with all the burn the deck has available.

I posted my version on the Keld deck's thread, I´m running that thing on QC and I currently have a 67% win rate with more than 30 runs so the deck is really solid against the meta decks.
Your deck pushed me to try Flame of Keld... and oh man I´m loving that enchantment with burning passion.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:32 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: Mr.

I posted my version on the Keld deck's thread, I´m running that thing on QC and I currently have a 67% win rate with more than 30 runs so the deck is really solid against the meta decks.
Your deck pushed me to try Flame of Keld... and oh man I´m loving that enchantment with burning passion.

Yah... Keld is one of my new favorites. It's so nice when it nets you two burn spells and then draw another and next turn all the mana to set them off with double up.

Undercity Coliseum Tournament and NGA KOTH up now and streaming (sometimes)!!!! Make sure you subscribe.
https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster
My band Shakey Deal YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBpPU1fbAjSPTfu3g0vubLw
Shakey Deal Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDeal.Neil.Young.tribute/

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:41 pm 

Anybody following the World Championship? Nice, except a Pole being at 2nd place at the moment, Ken playing mono-U at 6-3 3rd place :o

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:37 pm 

**** the MM algorithm seriously

How do you queue into someone with two maindeck Invoke the Divine when you're playing an aggressive deck with Luminous Bonds? How does replacing Vigilant Baloth with Demanding Dragon in my deck lead to playing against opponents with Lyra and Aurelia? My God, I'm beginning to feel like I should just choose a deck and use my wildcards.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:09 am 

Yeah, try to avoid the Free Play queue. Get something ready for Gold Constructed and play there.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:20 am 

Yeah I think I'll get the mono-blue Obsession deck. It'll cost 3 precious rare wildcards, but **** quickplay.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:01 am 

Banedon wrote:
**** the MM algorithm seriously

How do you queue into someone with two maindeck Invoke the Divine when you're playing an aggressive deck with Luminous Bonds? How does replacing Vigilant Baloth with Demanding Dragon in my deck lead to playing against opponents with Lyra and Aurelia? My God, I'm beginning to feel like I should just choose a deck and use my wildcards.

I don't think that's the MM tbh, I run two decks with almost nothing spent on them (one is RG monsters built from the precons+some cards I got from singleton, the other is BG stuff which has a Vraska I crafted) and I get all sorts of matchups - control with 4 teferi, GW tokens with all rares etc. It's why I started running RG, just so I could curve out on people and throw monstrosaurs at them backed up by reach, it's been surprisingly effective and doesn't insta lose to Clarion, though it's obviously not going into a lot of these games favoured.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next