It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:38 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: Mr.
The key to a successful Fling deck is having multiple outlets for it.

New Arena Content Now! Streaming coming soon!
https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster
My band Shakey Deal YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBpPU1fbAjSPTfu3g0vubLw
Shakey Deal Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDeal.Neil.Young.tribute/
Shakey Deal Audio Page
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDealAudio1/

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:39 pm 

The very specific combo with Fling is a 3 mana izzet card that can have 20 attack... and Fling. That is the actual combo. Having other things to cast fling on just makes it another burn deck. Which there is nothing wrong with. But the actual combo is a very specific two cards and if you wanted to call it a combo deck that would be the combo that defines said deck.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:53 am 

Preferred Pronoun Set: Mr.
Well.... I don't call my Fling deck a combo deck. It's control/midrange and not burn by any means.

New Arena Content Now! Streaming coming soon!
https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster
My band Shakey Deal YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBpPU1fbAjSPTfu3g0vubLw
Shakey Deal Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDeal.Neil.Young.tribute/
Shakey Deal Audio Page
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDealAudio1/

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 4:29 pm 

Well.... I don't call my Fling deck a combo deck. It's control/midrange and not burn by any means.

Yes. And you were responding to a post about how Fling is the only combo deck, so combo isn't really a thing.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:48 pm 

There's a combo deck using Famished Paladin, Sorcerer's Wand and lifesteal auras that I saw posted a few days ago. No idea how viable it is, though.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:22 pm 

Lurker wrote:
There's a combo deck using Famished Paladin, Sorcerer's Wand and lifesteal auras that I saw posted a few days ago. No idea how viable it is, though.

I'm assuming you just kill the paladin with removal or counter it or bounce it or some equivalent and the combo doesn't work. Note: We are only talking about combo as a counter to control atm.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:36 pm 

Identity: ItsreallyDJ0045
Preferred Pronoun Set: I'm male, lol!
UR Throne of the God Pharaoh decks are combo decks, imo.

Edit: error, see below.

Last edited by DJ0045 on Mon May 14, 2018 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:25 pm 

DJ0045 wrote:
UR Throne of the God Pharaoh decks are combo decks, imo.

I didn't know that that card existed.

Um...... so that card exists. Huh? Learn something new every day. There's no way I would craft that right now instead of say..... Glacial Fortress, but I would be interested in hearing what the combo is supposed to be.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:11 am 

God-Pharaoh's Gift is the best combo deck out there IMO.
Also Kaladesh is arriving to Arena and with it, Ramunap and raptors will be banned.
I wish I had saved a couple MWC for Chandra :(

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:39 am 

God-Pharaoh's Gift is the best combo deck out there IMO.
Also Kaladesh is arriving to Arena and with it, Ramunap and raptors will be banned.
I wish I had saved a couple MWC for Chandra :(

Whoops, this is the card I meant above... along with Gate to the Afterlife. Sorry, I wasn’t checking when I was typing.

Basically, add in Combat Celebrant, and Vizier of Many Faces to go quasi-infinite attacks when the opponent gives you an opportunity (e.g. taps out).

It’s not a ‘bad’ deck, but it’s surely not T1.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:01 am 

I thought that was the case, also yes not T1 those are RDW and UW control Right now.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:28 am 

I thought that was the case, also yes not T1 those are RDW and UW control Right now.

Completely agree. I would put Scarab 3rd right now.

I absolutely hate the U/W decks, but I don't deny that they are very good.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:35 pm 

I've actually been really impressed by God-pharaoh's gift decks (sure you don't see them often because which maniac is gonna spend four mythic rare wild cards on combat celebrant)

Usually they're U/R and run a bunch of disposable creatures, the best of which being the fairly new Skirk prospector which is a free sac outlet, and works really well with fanatical firebrand meaning that if the deck fails to find a gate to the afterlife then you can ramp very quickly into a gift, and if you do find one you can loot yourself to oblivion, all the while filling up your graveyard.

Also love the addition of warkite marauder, it allows the deck to answer some really tough threats (attack with this and then ping with a fanatical firebrand to kill a scarab god or Hazoret permanently)

Right now as it's best of one, you see no graveyard hate, meaning the deck has a pretty powerful place right now imo

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:16 am 

Wintervoid wrote:

The worse part is when they kill all your creatures, seal everything else, you are topdecking, they have a full hand, but they still take like 15 turns to actually win the game... what a frigging torture!!
Show me your win con!

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:34 am 

Wintervoid wrote:

The worse part is when they kill all your creatures, seal everything else, you are topdecking, they have a full hand, but they still take like 15 turns to actually win the game... what a frigging torture!!
Show me your win con!

Lol, concede? Why wouldn’t you just concede at that point?

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:16 am 

DJ0045 wrote:
Wintervoid wrote:

Show me your win con!

Lol, concede? Why wouldn’t you just concede at that point?

I do. I am pretty quick to concede, even if it is just slow play.

When testing a Mono white deck I played U/w after U/w. A bit over half of my games.

I made a U/B Counter/Discard deck with Knights of Menace just to wreck U/W....and in 10 games I didn't face a single one :( Of course the deck did poorly against the rest of the field, but I didn't care, just wanted to demoralize a U/W player...and I didn't get the chance.

I will say that I was trying some 2 color versions of my white deck, and I did play a U/W with my deck that
splashed black for only Knight and Kitesail. It made my night when I was able to get out 2 Kitesails and slapped a Helm on one. (And eventually a procession as well). I enjoyed putting him in Topdeck mode for a change, especially since he hadn't even played his first approach. He did get a Telfari to bounce the Helm, but Telfari died next turn and I was back to helm tricks 2 turns later.)

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:40 pm 

Yeah, I hate when that happens... Build a deck to beat something specific... then it never even shows up. Jerks!

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 6:29 pm 

Ok I finally reached the top of the ladder and it was not an easy task, there are lots of solid decks out there, a side from the T1 decks, Im very impressed with Orzohv Vampires I guess thats there is midrange aproach of the archetype that could shine right now. WB have it all: Great creatures, lots of banners and a solid removal suit. -Karn could be huge here... like in everywhere else-

On the ladder I have seen more and more mono green, a brutally consistent RG Dinos with lots of god draws and a solid Rakdos pirates.
Overall I think Merfolks is the most annoying deck out there, even more than UW control and that´s saying a lot, this deck is like the Macarena deck from Flaky´s contest :V

I was able to build the 3 top tier decks in a very finished way each, sure the mana base could be largely improved but the core is there- this makes me feel spiky and dirty... :evil:-

I rode my UW Raff Capashen deck on the final part of the ladder - I like this version of the UW colors coz you can push a few punches to trough the air and most times finish the match with Capashen + Lyra / Shelia, this makes the deck more fun to play and a lot less obnoxious than what UW is normally doing.

It took a combination of RDW, Scarab God, Izzet Wizards, UW Raff Capashen, RG Rampy Monsters to pull this thing, and I must say that I´m very impressed that Haven was able to pull this task in F2P mode.

Now that the spikes in me have been feed I can go full JANK!!!
Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:50 am 

Ok I finally reached the top of the ladder and it was not an easy task, there are lots of solid decks out there, a side from the T1 decks, Im very impressed with Orzohv Vampires I guess thats there is midrange aproach of the archetype that could shine right now. WB have it all: Great creatures, lots of banners and a solid removal suit. -Karn could be huge here... like in everywhere else-

Hey Cucho, congrats first of all. Quick question on ranks though. I am currently in Gold 2....the second Gold tier. Is that supposed to be diamond? It looks the same as the gold ranks to me though, so how can you tell? And there is another set of ranks after that? And that is the top tier?

Now that I have stopped experimenting I am actually moving up with W Tokens. The deck is fun with the crazy things you can do with it. Great vs RDW, it is almost a bye. Not so great vs U/W or U fliers.

I actually played vs a Vampire deck last night. Game lasted almost an hour. He had a ton of vampires with three of the pump ones and 2 of the pump enchantments. I had lots of tokens, mainly 3 Processions (4th was under procession) and 8 Anointed priests. He was doing about 50 a turn (Keeping back his important vamps) while each token I would make would give me 64 life. We were both in the 100-200 life totals. I think his high was 250ish and before I won I was about the same.

Anyway, what finally broke the game open was I drew an angel of sanctions. I discarded it to Sunscour (I had been waiting for the Angel) just in case he had a contempt in hand. I embalmed it and got rid of all his pump stuff and got my 4th Procession on board with 8 angels. He killed the key angels with removal he had been holding to get back most of his pump guys/enchantments, but I still have 3-4 left on the board. 1-2 turns later, I drew Helm, and Placed it on an Angel...he was out of removal. He quit after my 16 angels virtually wiped his board and the lifegain was processing.

The deck is not T1 (although it can destroy T1 RDW if they don't have ferocidon. If they do, it is a bit more even, but still win more then I lose.) but it is a ton of fun. My favorite combo is Helm/Anointed Priest. It seems harmless enough, but in a few turns it starts producing considerable lifegain, especially if you throw in a procession.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:29 pm 

So... after I reached that gold medal with all the crap around it I thought it was it... but no sir apparently there is a whole set of gold ranks after those... so I´m currently on the mid part of the Gold 1... I believe that once you fill this bar you reach Master... but I really don't know for sure.

Hey that sounds like one crazy board!! That helmet sounds a lot of fun!

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next