It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: Off Topic Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:21 pm 

See you then!

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:18 pm 

I finally lucked out and obtained fairy poop in Slay the Spire.

Now I can stop playing the game until the 3rd character comes out.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:29 am 

Moshe was on his death bed and raised his head gently. "Mendel are you there?"

"Yes, Moshe, I am here."

A moment later Moshe said, "Izzi, are you there?"

His son, Izzi assured him he was by his side.

"Joshua," said the ailing Moshe, "Are you there?"

"I'm here poppa," said Joshua taking his hand. Moshe raised himself on his elbow,

"Then who the hell is minding the shop?"

The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon wrote:
The secret of this format is in not breaking it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:45 am 

Battlebond: The reprint and some new stuff lol

Sheldon wrote:

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:14 pm 

\o/ My game is now pre-downloading, and I will be praising the sun at midnight tomorrow. \o/

\o/ Anyone else excited? \o/

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:18 pm 

\o/ If for no other reason you should be excited because you won't hear from me between tomorrow morning and Tuesday evening. \o/

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:42 am 

Offset by the fact after that period you'll posta page or two of minor changes and complaints between the games? :P

Hot tip: date your posts manually. Looking at the post date/time isnt something people do often. As a result you come across as a crazy person multiposting like it's going out of style.

If you manually date/time posts then people will more actively notice the time lapses between your multiposts and just think you're regular levels of crazy.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:42 am 

I already know the changes.

PVE (major):
You can change covenants at bonfires.
Vamos now has his own bonfire.
A few enemies (i.e. silver knights) got new behaviors.

Multiplayer (major):
It's like Dark Souls 3 now.

PC:
Hacker's paradise. They broke the street date on Steam and it's completely validated why I don't play multiplayer games on PC.

Other than that it's just a visual overhaul where Blight-town can run at double digits worth of fps. There's nothing else to write about.

------------------------------------

You can consider this your dose of Dark Souls posting concluded until at least June 1st. I have better **** to do right now.

Edit: If you feel like you need to simulate the experience anyways, ask someone else who posts a lot to go look up old posts in the old off topic thread.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:53 pm 

I'm tempted to post a story i've been working on...but it feels like most of you are in all honesty jerks in some way....myself included....

Sheldon wrote:

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:09 pm 

post it! Just be open to critism. If you remember we're all jerks, then you shouldn't take it bad.

I like reading stories.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:09 pm 

deadpoet wrote:
I'm tempted to post a story i've been working on...but it feels like most of you are in all honesty jerks in some way....myself included....

I am sorry you have gotten that impression. The reality is that the game isn't in a good state right now so only a few very vocal people are regularly posting (myself included) and we are not a good sample size. There are a lot more people who read but don't post much, and the majority of people on this subforum are/were very nice. Still not quite sure how dead it's become yet.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:12 pm 

if mjack promises not to comment on the story, I think you are safe to post it. Elijin will write something hilarious, I promise.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:20 pm 

go fourth and read viewtopic.php?f=40&t=21173

Sheldon wrote:

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:36 pm 

if mjack promises not to comment on the story, I think you are safe to post it. Elijin will write something hilarious, I promise.

I'll take that deal. That means nobody cares if I don't say anything, which was going to be the most likely outcome. I don't do the whole positive feedback thing that well, and I don't want to **** on someone's work either. <- Or at least someone's creative work that isn't a game I have a high level of emotional investment in.

Edit: I'm only still here because Slay the Spire hasn't updated yet. As soon as the Defect comes out I have no time to waste between then and midnight checking these forums. And once midnight hits.. well then I turn into a pumpkin. Those don't have eyes or hands and thus don't do too well at the typing of the words.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:43 am 

There is (was?) some pretty excellent creatives in the Art and Lore, Expanded Universe, and Roleplaying sections of the site. I bet those guys would be super happy to trade back and forth with ideas to build up stories together.

For your story, I would encourage a big push towards setting. While Im sure you have it pictured in your head perfectly, you managed to write it in such a way that it's a grey haze for me. The descriptions you used could have placed it in a middle earth fantasy tale, a steampunk, a modern arcane. There was nothing distinct to feel out where we are with Nikora.

As to the constant chatter about the state of the game // community, I think some of us need to remember its still in closed beta. Community interactions of a title in closed beta rarely spill from the designated area or a single reddit. After all, you cant have a community so long as you have a bouncer shooing people away at the door.

PS Third character didnt come out of beta branch, suck it jackyboy! :evil:

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:41 pm 

Elijin wrote:
PS Third character didnt come out of beta branch, suck it jackyboy! :evil:

I browse the site while eating pizza and this is what I get....

I'm more than 7 hours into Dark Souls Remastered. I'll be fine for another week.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:43 pm 

Elijin wrote:
There is (was?) some pretty excellent creatives in the Art and Lore, Expanded Universe, and

For your story, I would encourage a big push towards setting. While Im sure you have it pictured in your head perfectly, you managed to write it in such a way that it's a grey haze for me. The descriptions you used could have placed it in a middle earth fantasy tale, a steampunk, a modern arcane. There was nothing distinct to feel out where we are with Nikora.

It's not MTG related,so the art and lore sections would be out of place, I also posted more to the story.

Sheldon wrote:

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:19 am 

TFW you spend most of Sunday trying to catch a pokemon in the safari zone in Pokemon Yellow and have no results to show for it.

:bang:

It's not even the pokemon people would think of when they think of this brand of nonsense. I caught that one effortlessly somehow.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:56 pm 

https://venturebeat.com/2018/06/18/ive- ... uve-spent/

I've spent a total of $133 what about you?

Sheldon wrote:

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13