All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Truth in Heresy
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:03 am 

Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/his/his/himself
Truth in Heresy
Sorcery
Kicker or
Look at the top card of each player's library. You may exile any number of those cards face-down.
If this spell was kicked with its kicker, each opponent skips their next draw step.
If this spell was kicked with its kicker, draw two cards. You lose 2 life.

So yeah crazy story I have regarding this design... anyone interested?

Last edited by EpicLevelCommoner on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

Post subject: Re: Truth in Heresy
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:57 am 

Yay ! Storytime !

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:32 am 

Very well, though I must warn you it involves spiritualities of dubious origins, so please don't take what I say to heart.

So I have been experimenting with the Hindu principle of chakras and meditation, and Saturday morning at work* I made a massive breakthrough in terms of outer chakras (or so I believe); I dsicovered a past life as well as my divine purpose (again, or so I believe).

I was a templar or other knight in search of the holy grail. And ... I found what I was looking for ... except it wasn't what I was expecting (namely a distinct lack of the 'holy' part).

In that life I upheld myself to be an honorable man, yet certainly speaking of such "truth in heresy" would have condemned me at the very least. So I had a choice; speak the truth or drink myself under the table.

And that was my story in brief (honestly still piecing parts together).

*Oh and about that work thing ... for some reason the building's artificial frequency or amplitude while all the belts and conveyors are on helps magnify my body'd natual spiritual energy (or so I think; this spiritual progress has been the result of trial and error). I am still aware enough to my job.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:35 am 

I think the kicks need to cost more each,
OR
the base spell needs to cost - more
OR
the black kicker needs to have lose two life tacked on.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:40 am 

I think the kicks need to cost more each,
OR
the base spell needs to cost - more
OR
the black kicker needs to have lose two life tacked on.

Huh ... I thought mechanically the white kicker would be stronger than the black kicker, though losing two life seems reasonable.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:17 pm 

The black kicker is definitely stronger because the white one is kinda akin to them discarding one card.

I don't really get the card though. None of the effects have a hell of a lot to do with each other.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:08 am 

That's a hell of a story, EpicLevelCommoner !

A a person who does not belive in "that stuff" with a pretty high level of certanity, I'd recommend you to get more information from less dubious sources. (Wikipedia is always a good start.) Obviously, messing with one's state of mind can get one to all sorts of crazy stuff, and what you described is just scratching the surface. Just as obviously, no mechanism for storage or transmission of such a massive amount of complicated information from "past lives" has been described, unlike mechanisms of turning of the memories and experiences of "current" life into dreams and visions.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:25 pm 

A a person who does not belive in "that stuff" with a pretty high level of certanity, I'd recommend you to get more information from less dubious sources. (Wikipedia is always a good start.) Obviously, messing with one's state of mind can get one to all sorts of crazy stuff, and what you described is just scratching the surface. Just as obviously, no mechanism for storage or transmission of such a massive amount of complicated information from "past lives" has been described, unlike mechanisms of turning of the memories and experiences of "current" life into dreams and visions.

I take it you are a fellow person of science, or at least the results it produces (note: just because I believe this doesn't mean I'll ignore my reality as it is), so I have to ask how does one prove or disprove anything that is outside the realm of math and physics within the scope of math and physics. You can't; that is akin to the classic P*!P==1 paradox. Hence while I believe this, I do not know this for certain.

While it's true that past lives can't be transferred physically (funny thing about biological death; it's usually followed by physical deterioration of said storage), we are talking about something metaphysical and therefore we can only observe the physical methods and results, then come to our own conclusion based on that. For all I know it may just be meditation (Hindi, not Buddhist) and good posture that is helping me live a healthier, more peaceful lifestyle, but if so, that doesn't mean I'll stop my good-habit-forming practices simply because I wrong about the metaphysics behind them, if there are any at all.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:08 am 

I take it you are a fellow person of science, or at least the results it produces (note: just because I believe this doesn't mean I'll ignore my reality as it is), so I have to ask how does one prove or disprove anything that is outside the realm of math and physics within the scope of math and physics. You can't; that is akin to the classic P*!P==1 paradox. Hence while I believe this, I do not know this for certain.

While it's true that past lives can't be transferred physically (funny thing about biological death; it's usually followed by physical deterioration of said storage), we are talking about something metaphysical and therefore we can only observe the physical methods and results, then come to our own conclusion based on that. For all I know it may just be meditation (Hindi, not Buddhist) and good posture that is helping me live a healthier, more peaceful lifestyle, but if so, that doesn't mean I'll stop my good-habit-forming practices simply because I wrong about the metaphysics behind them, if there are any at all.

Quote:
how does one prove or disprove anything that is outside the realm of math and physics within the scope of math and physics.

Let's separate it into two questions:
Quote:
how does one prove or disprove anything that is outside the realm of physics within the scope of physics.

You can't ! However, the realm of physics is vast. Technically, it includes... everything. The most abstract mathematical idea, the most expressive poem, the Golden Rule of ethics - all were created by mechanisms that lie in the realm of physics, (mostly) describe mechanisms that lie in the realm of physics, and use analogies from physics. Every force of nature is in the realm of physics. Even if there are some processes that don't fit into the current paradigm but influence the world - say, divine influence or reincarnation - those processes still lie in the realm of physics and can potentially be described by physics - or can't be described (or noticed, or be relevant in any way) at all.
Quote:
how does one prove or disprove anything that is outside the realm of math within the scope of math.

What do you think, at least theoretically, lies outside of the domain of math ? I don't think you can imagine what could lie outside of the domain of physics, and the domain of math is much more immense. "Prove" and "Disprove" wouldn't even mean much outside of the realm of math.
Quote:
we are talking about something metaphysical

Why ? "You seeing some image in your head" is absolutely a physical process. It involves a lot of physical processes with a very ordered and complex structure in your brain (because images are complicated information), and they have to have a physical cause that would preserve that structure.
Quote:
For all I know it may just be meditation (Hindi, not Buddhist) and good posture that is helping me live a healthier, more peaceful lifestyle, but if so, that doesn't mean I'll stop my good-habit-forming practices simply because I wrong about the metaphysics behind them, if there are any at all.

"Good-habit-forming practices" ? "Healthier, more peaceful lifestyle" ? By all means, go on with those.

"Metaphysics" ? I'd recommend to take a closer look. If you're like me, it is not only educational, but also entertaining !

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:02 pm 

Look dogg I'm a pretty empiricist/materialist person myself but if someone's personal beliefs don't have any impact on anyone else just leave it aht

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:07 pm 

Identity: Spambot
Preferred Pronoun Set: 0, 1
You are an educated singularity idiot who
can stupidly deny Nature's Harmonic 4
simultaneous 24 hour days within a single
rotation of Earth, or even make parody of
the Cubic Creation Principle - but your
mental ability to comprehend thegreatest
social and scientific discovery of all human