Instant/Sorcery/Enchantment - 18
3 Cast Down
3 Doomfall
4 Fatal Push
2 Negate
1 Search for Azcanta
1 Supreme Will
4 Vraska's Contempt
So I'm really new to the game. Played a bit of Duels and want to get more into Arena. I've put together this deck based off of some suggestions and items I've seen across different areas. It seems to play OK, but I feel I win 40% - 50% of the time and would really love to have some input on what I might be able to change to this deck and make it stronger. A lot of the time when I do lose I feel I'm hard countered exactly for this build with negate and other spells that completely take anything I try to put out away.

What are all your thoughts? If the deck is garbage and back to the drawing board feel free to say so :D

Planeswalker - 1
1 Liliana, Death's Majesty

Land - 26
10 Swamp
6 Island
4 Drowned Catacomb
1 Field of Ruin
4 Aether Hub
1 Crypt of the Eternals

Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:38 pm 

The deck does not look bad, but It definitively could improve, UB is a solid archetype and it can be quite competitive... have you tried Argels Bloodfast? that card is super good in that deck -do not use it to draw cards tho- coz it lets you sac your Gearhulks or the Scarab god when you are low in life -the god will return to your hand so you can cast it again and the Gearhulk goes to the GY so it can be cast by the Scarab god;) -, I would also try Golden Demise in the current meta, you will lose edge against control but you can survive the Flame of Keld decks or other hyper-aggressive piles more often.
I would run Essence Scatter over Supreme will, and 2 Moment of Craving over negate, if you want to stay in the Draw go Plan you could try Anticipate or Glimmer.
Syphoner looks like a liability against Chainwhirler, at least Champion gets immediate value.
and I rather have more Spells over Gifted Aetherborn who will just eat removal 80% of the times.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:07 am 

The deck does not look bad, but It definitively could improve, UB is a solid archetype and it can be quite competitive... have you tried Argels Bloodfast? that card is super good in that deck -do not use it to draw cards tho- coz it lets you sac your Gearhulks or the Scarab god when you are low in life -the god will return to your hand so you can cast it again and the Gearhulk goes to the GY so it can be cast by the Scarab god;) -, I would also try Golden Demise in the current meta, you will lose edge against control but you can survive the Flame of Keld decks or other hyper-aggressive piles more often.
I would run Essence Scatter over Supreme will, and 2 Moment of Craving over negate, if you want to stay in the Draw go Plan you could try Anticipate or Glimmer.
Syphoner looks like a liability against Chainwhirler, at least Champion gets immediate value.
and I rather have more Spells over Gifted Aetherborn who will just eat removal 80% of the times.

This is awesome and exactly some of the feed back I was looking for. :) Honestly, still being fairly new to the whole game my head is spinning and I really didn't know what direction or cards to further try so thank you. I'll give your suggestions a try today and see how things play out.

Like this post