It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:22 pm 

Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/his/his/himself
Firemind's Brilliance
Sorcery
Firemind's Brilliance deals X damage to target opponent. If X is 10 or more, Firemind's Brilliance deals X damage to each opponent instead.
The guilds of Ravnica only had enough patience for one egotistical dragon.

Diabolic Gamble
Instant
Each player fateseals 1. Clash with an opponent. If you win, you may repeat this process.
Draw a card.
"What frightens you more?" the demon grinned at the gambler. "The certainty of death, or the possibility of losing your soul afterwards?"

Moriok Abomination
Artifact Creature - Horror
When this creature enters the battlefield, if was spent to cast it, look at target opponent's hand. You choose a nonland card from it. Exile that card until of turn.
[1/1]

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:00 pm 

Firemind's Brilliance is just what red needs for multiplayer.
Diabolic Gamble may appeal to Johnny but looks to make for an unfun play experience.
Moriok Abomination is clever.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:47 pm 
YMtC Champ '14
YMTC Pro Tour Champion

Preferred Pronoun Set: they
Brilliance isn't bad but it doesn't super excite me either. it feels weird that even if X is 10 or higher, I still have to target an opponent.

Gamble is a mini-game but it doesn't feel like it creates and sort of interesting combo potential. if anything it's more a Spike card. it also seems pretty unfun to play with and against.

I don't get Abomination. why would I not pay ? I know I could cast it for 2 life but I'm not gonna run it as a strictly worse memnite so why is it in my deck if that's my plan? I do like the temporary discard effect, though.

:duel:

Pro Tour: YMTC: SECOND ONE IS OVER STAY TUNED FOR THIRD ONE
The BLOCK I'm currently pretending I'll finish: Fleets Of Ossia (complete!) | Wavebreak (complete!) | The Second Flood (in progress!)
Razorborne and friends teach music theory to chumps like you: 12tone

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:44 pm 

There may be times that you need to keep up mana but also need a chump blocker. Paying 2 life can be a good deal then. Or if you need to get out as many bodies as possible as fast as possible for some sort of combo. But usually you'd pay the :b: for Moriok Abomination.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post